spell check at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 5th, 2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Major Player

spell check

am I missing it, or would spell check be a really nice thing to have in vegas? I am really bad about checking my spelling, it would be awesome if when creating text for a project it would say, hey idiot, you spelled that wrong.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Type yr text in a word processor, copy, and paste?
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #3
Major Player

ahhh andy, always one step ahead of me!

I do that sometimes, but man, it is a pain! I usually do the edit, then go through and add the copy. to go back and forth between word, and vegas would take too much time.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:21 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It actually doesn't because by the time you triple check the spelling you could have already done it in somelike MS Word with spell check.
Keep in mind that spell check doesn't work with things like names.

I do pretty much all my simple text in Word the C/P to Vegas media generator and format there. Takes a couple of minutes and it's done. More complex stuff might be done in something Photoshop or Bluff titler depending on what I need.

For rolling credits though I use Word but remember to get it to work in 2 columns you need to use the TAB button in Word. That spaces it so when you C/P to Vegas it drops into 2 columns. Then it's a simple matter of setting style in Media generator.
Beats typing into Media Generator, at least as far as I'm concerned. Of course I still have my wife go thru the text to make sure I didn't mis-spell anything.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...