Can't playback captured RAW audio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:31 AM   #16
Major Player

Caroline,
The DV port on the GS400 is underneath the battery behind a small black rubber cover. It is next to the S-Video connector.

See this article on capturing DV with a Panasonic cam.

Look in your manual to page 56 in a section titled "PC Connection with DV Interface Cable" for a picture of how the DV cable connects.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #17
New Boot

Thanks everybody. I have sorted the problem by buying the firewire stuff and hooking up that way. My partner's gonna be very annoyed that he was basically leading me away from the light in regards to his assertions that USB and Firewire are essentially the same. Sometimes knowing about computers (networking is his speciality) just gets in the way.

And thanks Guy for your clear description on the firewire location and manual stuff. I'd looked through the manual several times, but I hadn't used any of the afore mentioned keywords.

Anyway, thanks everyone, i'm left feeling very positive about this website (esp. compared to the shop I bought the camera from, and compared to the panasonic help people who were no help at all).

: )

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...