xdcam ex file giving error in quicktime at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 5th, 2010, 02:12 PM   #1
Major Player

xdcam ex file giving error in quicktime

I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I've rendered an HD file to the 24p xdcam ex template in Vegas 9c. Vegas sees it fine and VLC sees it fine but Quicktime is giving me an "has invalid data" error message and wont open the file.

I'm trying to get this to an FCP editor who is working with Sony xd cam ex files - he is getting the same error I'm getting.

I'm trying a new render with the save markers to file check box UN-checked just to see if that does anything. - and it didn't do anything - same error.

Any help or info much appreciated, thanks!
Burk Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 01:06 AM   #2
Major Player

no i dont know, but the normal EXcam files have to be converted , even if that is just a minor change not a full re-encode, for certian editing programs.
using the search in this situation, might have been very usefull for you.

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...apple-fcp.html
this link talks SOME about the needs of the other system your trying to get to.

try search term words like, excam FCP export encode
dont forget to re-Wrap It :-).

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...-workflow.html

""So then.... once I copy the BPAV folder to the drive, am I then going to have to use XDCAM Transfer to unwrap it to a .mov file so that I can edit with it in FCP? Should I just save the unwrapped files in the same folder that contains the BPAV?

Then, import the .mov files into FCP and start cutting? But hey, wait..... am I not going to have to convert these files to Pro Res? I'm not into big effects, just simple cross dissolves and titles but I will want to color correct. ""

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...