Removing dust water spots on lens cover question on vegas editing abilities at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 10th, 2010, 09:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Removing dust water spots on lens cover question on vegas editing abilities

have shot ten years of footage, and am now just beginning to edit. transfered hdv tapes to cineform neoscene setting on high. four major editing needed.
1. removal of water spots on footage in the sky...is that possible..(like cloning them out with a still foto inphotoshop?)
2. removing shake from pan shots of sea otters and whale cooperative feeding (taken from a kayak or zodiac). better from virtual dub deshaker?
3. color saturation and darkening video to saturate the scene. many of my videos are overexposed by a stop.

the removal of water and dust spots in certain angles of light from the lens filter cover that is my greatest concern. Moral of the story is to constantly clean, but then when shootng large waves on the coast, spray accumulates with several seconds of shooting. i have vegas 9 now but have not yet used it, since i am ordering a computer to be able to install and edit with it. thanks in advance. bill

Last edited by William Boehm; March 10th, 2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: last concept wasnt clear
William Boehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Couple of ways to get rid or lessen the water spots. Masking in Vegas or render to image sequence in Vegas, use Photoshop to color the spot bring the image sequence back into Vegas.
Shaky footage; take a look at the NewBlueFX site, they have a new plugin for Vegas that from what I hear works quite well.

Overexposure is usuually something that can't be fixed completely but you might be able to help it by using a combination of Levels, Color Curve and if it's still out there a pluging by Mike Crash called Auto Levels although I don't know or think it would work in version 9.
Again try NewblueFX-they have some plugins that can help out as well.

No I don't work for them but I do have and use a number of the Newblue plugins and I am thrilled with the end results.

Once you get started they have some free trials so you can try it before you buy it.

These are the first things off the top of my head. I'm sure more will come your way from others.
HTHs
Old March 11th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Does anyone else have any input on my question? thanks in advance. bill
William Boehm is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...