DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Video discussions from 2006 (Q1Q2) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/47511-vegas-video-discussions-2006-q1q2.html)

Edward Troxel April 5th, 2006 11:53 AM

+DVD also gives the AC3 encoder!

Douglas Spotted Eagle April 5th, 2006 11:55 AM

Richard, the "HD" in the Vegas 6 marketing really takes away from what 6 is all about. HD is a great buzzword, but you'll be happy with 6 regardless. Using Liquid here as well, and really unhappy with the instability, even on a dual proc, fast machine. Sexy looking tho...:-)

The +DVD is important if you'll be authoring DVDs, because it contains the AC3 license, and you'll love the encoding. If you don't plan on doing any DVDs, then don't worry about it, but the two do go together as a suite, if you want the best of all worlds.

Paul Carlberg April 5th, 2006 12:32 PM

MainConcept AVC/AAC MP4 for IPOD's?

Has anyone tried rendering footage in Vegas to MPEG4 to play on an IPOD, PocketPC, or similar? I rendered a short clip and emailed to a friend of mine that has an IPOD but he indicated that only the audio worked. Thanks!

Paul

Chris Sigmon April 5th, 2006 03:08 PM

Vegas 5 and Multi-Processors

Does anyone know if Vegas 5 is optimized to take advantage of multiprocessor pc's? If so, how do I set the software to take advantage of the second processor. I have a Dual AMD Opteron 64, and I've heard rumors of close to real time rendering. What are some of your experiences.

Thanks for any help/insight you can offer.

Edward Troxel April 5th, 2006 03:25 PM

Vegas 6 has been but Vegas 5 was not. It WILL use both - one for video and one for audio which means one will be working really hard and one will be basically doing nothing. So... expect around 50% CPU usage (of course you could always open another instance of Vegas and continue editing!)

Seth Bloombaum April 5th, 2006 03:59 PM

I had *really* good luck with this. Documented here http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=61204

I just used the template, then later tried again at reduced bitrate, check out the thread.

Does your friend know how to import video into an iPod? As I recall you have to go through iTunes, but my local iPod owner/operator is at school right now...

Jamie Hellmich April 5th, 2006 07:09 PM

Hey Brian,

I got the same offer. It is a good price for 6.0, but I believe I want the +DVD and AC-3 Audio package with it.

I think you need the AC-3 Audio function to use the Dolby audio encoding for DVD surround sound ability.

I do have the DVD Architect Studio which came with Platinum, and like it really well.

Perhaps some of the experts can correct me if I am wrong. If all I do need (want) is Vegas 6.0, then that is the route I would go, as it is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper. Anyone?

Edward Troxel April 5th, 2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie Hellmich
I think you need the AC-3 Audio function to use the Dolby audio encoding for DVD surround sound ability.

You are correct. For the AC3, you need the "+DVD"

Jamie Hellmich April 5th, 2006 08:15 PM

Thanks Edward,

I am going to order as shown from B&H.

Jamie

Peter Diamond April 5th, 2006 08:16 PM

NeroExpress DVD questions regarding video disk size

Hello everyone. I actually have a question regarding Nero. I am trying to make a DVD movie that is a compilation of home videos. Nero has indicated to me that it is too large to fit on a 4.7 GB DVD and that either a DVD-9 disk must be used or quality will have to be reduced. I can't use DVD-9 disks, I do not want to loose quality and I have many added features (transitions, titles, chapters, etc.) that would be tedious to recreate so I am simply removing scenes that I can do without. Unfortunately, the size of the project does not reduce when I remove these clips. I literally removed a clip that was 2 GB and the size of the project did not change at all. In some cases it actually goes up when I remove clips. Is there some way to have Nero recalculate the project size without recreating it or reducing quality? Also, do you have any tips for reducing the project size of which I may not be aware?

Please note that I like to get as many responses as possible. If someone else has responded to this question, please feel free to respond anyway.

Thank you very much.

Peter Diamond

Fred Helm April 5th, 2006 09:25 PM

will Vegas run with this OS/board

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 1GHz HT 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - XP pro x 64?

Seth Bloombaum April 5th, 2006 09:36 PM

As I understand it that mobo & processor would be a solid performer with Vegas, but perhaps not optimal for native HDV. Still, it should chew through standard DV and HD intermediates (Cineform) for HDV just fine.

However, you want to stay away from the 64bit version of windows. At best, it does nothing for Vegas, at worst, Vegas may not run, according to reports such as this http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=47922.

Fred Helm April 5th, 2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Bloombaum
As I understand it that mobo & processor would be a solid performer with Vegas, but perhaps not optimal for native HDV. Still, it should chew through standard DV and HD intermediates (Cineform) for HDV just fine.

However, you want to stay away from the 64bit version of windows. At best, it does nothing for Vegas, at worst, Vegas may not run, according to reports such as this http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=47922.

can you suggest what to replace with since i have my builder on line...? mobo that is...

Fred Helm April 5th, 2006 09:49 PM

Building Comp For Vegas

I guess its a no go for 64 OS's? Then what should I have built for vegas?

Neil McLean April 5th, 2006 11:07 PM

AC-3 Rendering Scripts

Are there any decent scripts available to automatically render the project audio upon completion of the MPEG-2 render?

I'm using Vegas 6.0d (build 210) and DVDA 3.

TIA
Neil