In search of a photo layer/stack montage script at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 24th, 2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

In search of a photo layer/stack montage script

I have been looking everywhere for a script to generate the effect of zooming in to photos and then having them fall into a stack. I've looked at the Ultimate S, Excalibur, and Montage Magic plug-ins, as well as Google and some forums. I was also surprised not to find a tutorial either anywhere. Does any one know if one exists? Perhaps a veg file?

Also surprising that scripts for popular effects such as 3D Video/Picture Wall, Film Strip, and Photo Albums almost non-existent it seems. Of course there are 3rd party programs such as iClone which makes a Film Strip.

Thanks,

Ken
Ken Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 07:03 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

I'll agree that I don't know of a script that specifically does what you're looking for. I will stay that until Vegas Pro 8, it probably wasn't even possible. However, Track Motion *IS* now scriptable. Personally, I'd have to see some examples to see exactly what you're looking for. But I will say that it *may* be scriptable.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Regular Crew

sample

Here's a stacking photo montage I did with Ulead Media Studio Pro 8 a few years ago. (Yep, I know it is too slow paced.)

Instead of stacking in space, it would be cool to have them stack on a table or something. Option to show and stack pics based on markers (representing music beats or something) would be awesome.
Attached Files
File Type: wmv StackingPhotosMontageSample.wmv (12.46 MB, 180 views)
Ken Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...