Cineform Neo Scene VS Canopos HQ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 29th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Cineform Neo Scene VS Canopos HQ

Hi All,

I purchased the Neo scene and after using it I noticed that it dose not have the sharpness ,cleanest and the quality as of Canapous HQ.

Neo Scene always give some the jagged edge. I tried different settings but still no luck. As for Canapos HQ I just render out and the picture quality it's amazing.

I would like to get some feedbacks as what others think?

Thanks
Matthew

Last edited by Matthew Amirkhani; March 29th, 2010 at 07:10 AM.
Matthew Amirkhani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I have done some frame by frame comparison between a 1440x1080 m2t file against one converted into cineform neoscene and there was no difference in sharpness, only the neoscene avi file showed a little bit more detail (or information) in very dark area's. It was also a bit less contrasty.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Major Player

When needed, Neo Scene does a cRGB to sRGB color conversion. Neo Scene will also slow down 30p to 29.97. Both these are necessary if you are converting video files from a Canon DSLR.

The cRGB to sRGB conversion takes the color range of the Canon (which is 0 - 255) and rescales it to the standard video 16 - 235 range. If you don't do this you will have an over-contrasty look on an HD TV with your whites blown out. On a regular computer screen the cRGB looks fine though and many people mistake this correction for degradation of the video quality.

If you leave the video at 30p instead of 29.97, Vegas will try to justify the slightly unstandard speed with the proper 29.97. This will result in either double images or dropped frames depending upon your settings.
Laurence Kingston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...