Clear Loop Region? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 6th, 2010, 03:37 AM   #1
Trustee

Clear Loop Region?

I'm trying to get up to speed w/ Vegas. I love the idea of it, but have just not found it very intuitive. I've got some VASST DVD's, Help and the Quick Start Guide, but I still can't find some pretty basic answers :(.

Here's a ? that has been bothering and I haven't been able to find an answer to: How do you clear a Loop Region? (The region defined by the small yellow triangles just above the timeline.) I see how to adjust its size by moving the triangles, but how do I remove the Loop Region completely?

Thanks much!
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Press Q. Pressing Q when you have made a slection converts that selection to a Loop Region and pressing Q again will undo that.

Richard
Richard Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Options - Preferences - Editing tab. Check the option to "Collapse Loop Region". Now when you click anywhere on the timeline, the loop region will go away. One of the first boxes I always check when installing Vegas.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks MUCH guys!
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #5
Major Player

I normally always check "collapse loop region" as well but recently discovered that if you want to create in/out points in the trimmer you need to have collapse loop region unchecked. That 'Q' tip is nice, thanks.

Marc
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Sponsor: JET DV

Marc, if you want to use "i" and "o", that's true. I can manually create a selection area in the trimmer using the mouse and it works fine.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 03:29 PM   #7
Major Player

Edward, you're right it's only an issue with I and O which for certain projects can be useful. Thanks
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...