9.0e Multicam slip 4.07 sec at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 1st, 2010, 04:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

9.0e Multicam slip 4.07 sec

Working on a multicam project - (4) cameras and seem to have an issue where whenever I make a multicamera cut it slips out of sync by 4.07 seconds. You can actually see it in the preview window. Bit of a pain in the butt...

Anybody seen this or have an idea on how to stop it from happening?
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Curiously,

Are you talking just lag time, or once it is finished and you play the finished time line it is out that far?? Also is it just in one camera or all four?

I tend to only use two cameras and I had a time discrepancy on one project but it was only 6 prames, a pretty easy fix even if annoying. Generally I do not see that problem.

curiously, did you go back and run a test on 8.0c to see if it ran right there?

I also once found that one of my cameras which had taken a knock was out of sinc.
Old June 4th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'll be working on it again tonight/tommorow so I'll verify if it's happening with all 4 or just 2 or 3 - I know it's def happening to more the one.

And no I mean it goes out of sync as soon as I cut you don't need to render it to see it - I have all info on so it shows me which is nice to line it back up :) but you can even play it in the time line and see it as well.

Nope, didn't try it on 8c, not going to either and never had this problem with the same type of footage in 9c...
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2010, 05:28 AM   #4
Regular Crew

OK, yes it is happening with all 4 cams and it doesn't happen everytime I cut but often enough to be annoying... I.E. more often then not...
Thomas Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...