Vegas won't capture individual video clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM   #1
Trustee

Vegas won't capture individual video clips

All of a sudden my Vegas 8.0c stopped capturing individual video clips. No matter what I do or what settings I try Vegas wants to capture all the clips in one long continous clip. I even went into options/properties/capture and reset all the defalts and made sure that the box for Enable DV scene detection was checked. Any ideas? Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Make sure the clock on your camcorder is properly set.
If it's more than a few years old, the internal battery may need to be replaced.
Then set the clock again.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Bob,

Just in case that doesn't work, try using freeware CapDVHS. I used it when Vegas started freaking out about capturing and I've never looked back.
Mike Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2010, 04:38 PM   #4
Trustee

Mike K. , I'll bet that was the problem. I was shooting in a remote area in Washington, already lugged the XL-2 and tripod 1/4 mile onto a mudflat. Got all set up and got the indicator that the battary was dead and reset the date and time. As I was in no position to walk back and drive to a store I shot 52 minutes with the date/time battary dead. Lessons learned.

Mike H., I will try that, thanks to both of you. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2010, 06:46 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Date/Time not set will definitely do that as all the various programs look at skips in the date/time to determine when to split. Having said that (if this is DV footage), Scenalyzer Live also has an optical scene detection method.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...