Confused on render at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 24th, 2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Confused on render

So when I am working on my first HDV project. When I render the file, i have these little bars left and right on the render, as if the video is not filling the screen. What you see on the right is the blue Tally from Excalibur.

http://droptodesign.com/temp/delete/bars.jpg is what I am seeing.

The bars are only showing on render, not on preview. And it appears its only happening to the top track, the master track. I'm confused.

I think I fixed it, for some odd reason, the 'stretch to fill frame' was unchecked.

Last edited by Steven Davis; June 24th, 2010 at 09:01 PM.
Steven Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 11:05 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Steven,
I have seen this before. I am guessing you are using HDV (1440x1080) in a DV widescreen project. 2 methods I have found to fix this issue.

Method 1. (my personal preference)
If you are not mixing SD and HDV footage, build and edit your project in HD 1080 60i (preset for project properties) and at export render to DV widescreen. No bars will be present in output files. I like this method because I also use this step to convert to progressive scan.

Method 2
This method works better if mixing SD and HDV. Since you already have chopped up your clips this may take some time. On each clip in the timeline, Click Event/pan Crop box and under source change maintain aspect ratio to no. This will force the clip to fill the frame though it does stretch out the footage a little bit.

Hope that helps!
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Bryan, will give it a shot
Old June 25th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Yeah, I might have some setting wrong considering it's going to take 30 hours to render a 40 minute wedding. lol, but I'll let it finish so I can see the cut.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...