Render Threads for I7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Render Threads for I7

With my old PC I had a good idea of what I needed for number of threads and ram preview for getting a succesful render. But now I have an I7 930 with 6GB RAM, Win 7. I, Vegas 8.1 64-bit. How should I set these parameters for my new system?

Thanks,
Dave
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You don't need to change anything from the default values unless you have issues.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Jeff. The default values are 350MB RAM preview and 16 render threads. I rendered two projects today on my new PC and I was shocked how fast the renders completed.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I know. I had been overclocking my 920 significantly at the high end, but for various reasons lowered it and I'm still very happy with mine. I admit I am very happy with Vegas' newest update. I'm actually able to edit three lines of AVCHD with no trouble now. Two lines are a cinch. Sure, three lines are a tad sluggish, but it is very manageable; absolutely no need for proxies. The new processors and Vegas 9.0e are a great combination.

BTW, I notice some improvement in minor areas outside of Vegas with 12 GB ram...so while 6GB is certainly enough for most day to day scenarios, I liked how much faster thumbnails were built, etc with 12.

I should qualify that I do not use film effects much at all (I used to) but even when I use most NewBlue effects it is still no issue...works great.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Agree with Jeff
Junior Pascual is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...