DVD Architect not 64 bit friendly? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Architect not 64 bit friendly?

since i installed XP 64 bit, any time i click on the Burn DVD button my computer gives me the blue screen of death and restarts itself.

I tried this with unpatched 4.5, patched 4.5 and 5.0b.

Vegas works great in 64 bit (even the 32 bit version), anyone else have this issue?
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

I don't think XP-64bit is supported by ANY of the Sony products. For 64-bit support, I believe you need Vista or Win7. I just installed DVD Architect Pro 5 on a new Win7 machine but haven't needed to try the burn process yet. I have burned from a Vista 64 machine, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Wiosna View Post
since i installed XP 64 bit, any time i click on the Burn DVD button my computer gives me the blue screen of death and restarts itself... I tried this with unpatched 4.5, patched 4.5 and 5.0b.
yeh that's happened to me. i switched computers, switched burners, removed other burning software with no difference... it is definitely the DVD-A software that causes the BSOD... i was hoping 4 to 4.5, then 4.5 to 5 upgrades would solve this but not yet.

i ended up using one computer to do everything BUT the burn on one, then copy'd the VIDEO_TS to the second computer and burned using IMGBURN or CDBurnerXP... bit of a workaround but it worked which is all i cared about... still trying to find a good batch-workflow for 1280x720 24p Bluray using Vegas/DVD-A but that'll have to wait a bit now...

edit: sorry forgot to mention, OS used is WinXP 64bit
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm waiting to hear back from sony, I might end up installing vista 64 bit. I have that on my laptop and dvd a burns without a hickup.
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Sony won't have much to say...DVDA and Vegas are not supported on XP 64 bit as has been said. I would install Windows 7 and be done with it if it were me.

On the other hand, everyone doesn't have newer hardware or the ability to upgrade to Windows 7 right away, so I guess in the end it all comes down to money, doesn't it?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
I'm waiting to hear back from sony, I might end up installing vista 64 bit. I have that on my laptop and dvd a burns without a hickup.
If you are considering the upgrade, skip Vista, go straight to Windows 7.
Matteo Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
since i installed XP 64 bit, any time i click on the Burn DVD button my computer gives me the blue screen of death and restarts itself.

I tried this with unpatched 4.5, patched 4.5 and 5.0b.

Vegas works great in 64 bit (even the 32 bit version), anyone else have this issue?
The problem is that (as I had stated many times) Windows XP x86-64 is not really Windows XP - but instead, it is based on the Windows Server 2003 core. As such, it has compatibility issues with a lot of programs that expect a desktop version of Windows.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Regular Crew

It must be. Just installed Vista 64bit and burned my DVD without any issues.

I would love Windows 7, but at the moment all I had was vista. Thank you all once again for the awesome info.
Martin Wiosna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...