Cant Read Disk at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 11th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #1
New Boot

Cant Read Disk

After completing a project in DVD Architect I burned it onto a DVD and popped it into my DVD player only to find that the disk cant be read at the 1st scene of the reception video. This is a wedding video that I created, and everything runs 100% smooth, the menu, ceremony video, highlight video, and all of the reception video except for the 1st scene. It's jut that one scene that messes up, and I've tested the problem on 3 different DVD players, all with the same result. I'm at a loss for whats causing this problem, everything looks good in Vegas and Architect. I've never run into this sort of a problem before, anyone got any suggestions to how I could solve this issue?
Anthony Pekowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Inner Circle

My first guess is bad media.
What brand is it?
My second guess is too high of a bitrate.
Do you know what you used (CBR or VBR and what were the settings)?
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #3
New Boot

hm, I don't think I know the answers to those questions. By brand do mean camera brand? If so I used a Sony Handicam, and I actually don't know were to find the bitrate values. But, one thing I have found out so far is that the source of the problem is were I specify which scene to burn on the dual layer of my dvd, it's at that scene it messes up. Although, I'm still unsure on how to solve that issue.
Old July 12th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

By "brand" he meant what kind of blank DVD are you using. Blank media are not created equal - some work extremely well and some barely work at all.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #5
New Boot

Oh ok, I'm using Fujifilm DVD+R Dual Layer, which is what I've always been using.
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Inner Circle

You may have gotten a bad batch.
For dual layer DVDs, Verbatim is the only brand I ever hear being recommended.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:38 AM   #7
Trustee

Or sometimes burning at the right speed will make a good disc. For the dual layer I tell ImgBurn to use the 4x speed and have no problem. Before, I told it to use "maximum" speed (as reported by the disc itself) and got an occasional coaster, but not ever since I started burning at 4x.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #8
New Boot

I also did find a lot of people recommending verbatim disks like you suggested Mark, I think I'll give those a try on my next project.

Thanks for all the feedback,
Anthony Pekowski
Anthony Pekowski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...