how do i capture dvds into vegas 9? into avi files - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:21 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Mayrand View Post
Get MPEG STREAMCLIP.
I was going to suggest this too, it's a really really good program.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 06:41 AM   #17
Sponsor: JET DV

My big question would be - what was the original source? If you've started with DV and gone to MPEG2, I seen no advantage of going to Cineform or any HD formats. DV-AVI is an excellent codec and Vegas' DV codec is one of the best out there. But, realistically, just edit the MPEG2, output it, and be done with it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:12 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Ed..my apologies for not making myself clear on my goal...and again thankyou for educating me...i will be rendering mostly the best of my hdv and avchd into the cineform codec. if i render that..after cuts, deshaking some kayaking and marine wildlife footage, and brightness contrast..what is best recommended to render to..back to cineform avi codec? i have never done this at this stage..so again i am new.

secondly, i am mixing family stuff to render to a file i can make good dvds for the family...with old dv avi files, some mpeg2 clips a friend put disks, and of some footage captured recently in hdv converted to ciniform ave. what do you suggest i take the mix on the timeline and render it to what kind of codec to save the most infomration, keep resolution etc...? this mix will all be recorded i assume into a codec chosen. not having done this yet as i am still cutting 20 years of family footage...

thanks again ...and i hope to eventually become a help to other newbies onthis forum..bill
William Boehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 08:31 AM   #19
Sponsor: JET DV

Basically everything depends on the desired output. Unfortunately there's no cut and dried answers. If you start with DV (or SD footage in general) DV does work well. For HD, Cineform works well. But you have to figure out what works best for your ultimate goals.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...