Video FX Question For Sony Vegas 9.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 07:58 AM   #1
New Boot

Video FX Question For Sony Vegas 9.0

I'm a noob to this site and some what of an experienced noob to Sony Vegas..I have version 9.0 and have probably a simple question to most. I am making a small film and only want certain colors to pop out (not completely like Sin City or anything)..I was wondering if it was possible to make only one thing pop out that was lets say red...if there are other red objects in the shot?..and also if I can use the 50% black and white effect while still making a color pop out?

S.M.
Sheldon Maddux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:13 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Take a look at Vol 2 #10 of my newsletters which show passing a single color and passing multiple colors. While I'm taking the background to black and white, you could simply drop the colors slightly instead making them dimmer.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Mr.Troxel , I'm only 16 and trying to get this software down pat. Your newsletter helped me with my problem greatly.The only other question I have is for example in the newsletter you show three colored balloons and keep the color of two of them.What if there were two green balloons in the shot? Would I still be able to make one dimmer or completely black and have the other stay its original color?
Sheldon Maddux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:44 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Using that method, both green balloons would remain bright. However, you could still use the Pan/Crop masking tool to mask out the other balloon. It would get more complicated if the balloon was moving, though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:56 AM   #5
New Boot

It seems my easiest option..Although , still not that easy..Is to try and get shots with out that particular color anywhere else..Your advice still helped tremendously. I'll see what I can do.
Sheldon Maddux is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...