Trying to render AVCHD edited video, what should I select under "Save as type"? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 26th, 2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Trying to render AVCHD edited video, what should I select under "Save as type"?

I'd like to have an HD video clip, to be played only on a PC. When I go to "Render As", the "Save as type" dropdown menu shows a bunch of options, which should I select? Which of the following are HD and gives the best quality, theoretically? Which is the closest in quality to the original footage, taken with a Canon HF S100?

MainConcept AVC/AAC
MainConcept MPEG-2
Sony AVC
Windows Media Video V9

Thanks,

I rendered out to all 4 formats, the MainConceptAVC has the smallest size and the worst quality (still pretty good though).

SonyAVC is the largest size, followed by Windows Media Video V9, then MainConcept MPEG2: to my newbie eyes, these 3 have comparable video quality (very high)
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Major Player

I usually render to a MP4 using the MainConcept but I'm rendering Cineform AVI clips that are 1080p and sending to render as 720 MP4s and they look good to me..(I use a Canon 5D Mk2 for camera though)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...