Vegas Pro 9e + xdcam ex = no thumbnails at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 10th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vegas Pro 9e + xdcam ex = no thumbnails

I'm trying to import xdcam ex clips (.mp4 files) using the Import Media function in Vegas Pro, but can't see thumbnails of any clips. I can see the actual files, but not the thumbnails like those shown in the Clip Browser software. All of my clips are on my hard drive. I'm not reading from the SxS card. I can see thumbnails of avi, .mov, and mpeg clips, but not from footage shot on the EX1. How is everyone else importing clips? It's a real pain not being able to see what the clip is before importing. I'm constantly referring back to Clip Browser to see what the footage is. Can't I use Clip Browser to drag clips into Vegas? I've searched this forum but can't find anything, so this might be normal for Vegas.

Thanks
Craig Kovatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

... easiest way for me is just drag all the mp4 files from the BPAV folder on my timeline (preview clips & thumbnails in Vegas project media...) .... you can also drag each clip to the trimmer if you want..... it is helpful to "search" for mp4 extension (on windows explorer) in the BPAV folder to get all your clips in one window and then just drag them to Vegas ....

good luck
Old August 11th, 2010, 08:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Enrique. I was just hoping there was a way to see picture thumbnails of the clips that are in the BPAV folders before I import them into vegas, without having to use the Clip Browser software.

Cheers.
Craig Kovatch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...