Registering Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 26th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Registering Problem

Maybe this has been addressed before but I wasn't able to find anything looking thru the forum. I have Vegas 9 and have installed it on my desktop and now my new desktop 64 bit(Vegas 9-64 bit). I also installed it on my laptop and now I have a new laptop 64 bit and tried to install vegas 9(64 bit version) and it is giving me invalid repsonse. Is it because I am using Win 7 now? I have XP on my old desktop. I'm using Vista on my new desktop and my old laptop. My new laptop is Win 7. I basically am just re-installing as I upgrade my comps. Is there a certain number of installs you can use? I'd guess I've used 3? maybe 4 now with Vegas 9. Two being 32 bit and would be two with 64 bit if my laptop install will work. Just curious why it's now not letting me when I've never had an issue before. I have Sound Forge/CD Architect and those both installed no problem on my new laptop. And I've installed those on all my other systems as well. I've sent email to Sony Support but from what I hear, they haven't been much help. Thanks for anyone that might have a clue as to what the issue is and how to resolve.

I have changed my internet provider recently from AT&T to Time Warner. Could it be anything to do with a new internet connection that Sony is not validating my install since it's a different internet address its going thru? I've been brainstorming the different reason. Although Sound Forge and CD Architect worked fine.
Ben Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Ben, the simplest thing to do is call Sony Customer Service. If you have run out of activations, they will give you more if you explain the situation to them. You are limited to the number of installs but I can't tell you if you've reached that limit - Sony Customer Service can. If you haven't reached that limit, they can tell you that as well and assist you in getting everything done. Vegas Pro 9 does support Windows 7. You might want to make sure you're installing the most current version, though - 9.0e.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yep. too many installs. Plus I installed the wrong version of DVD A. Whew, sometimes it doesn't pay to get out of bed.
Ben Hogan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...