DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Sony VEGAS PRO 10 Announced! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/484534-sony-vegas-pro-10-announced.html)

Adrian Bueno Escolar September 12th, 2010 04:36 PM

i dont know.... 3D feature is not a prime thing for Vegas.. iŽd like to see another improvements before that...
the 3D market i just another fever moment but i don see that as the main future of video.. just check the movies! they asre thinking 3D is just a moment but not the future of films indistry.

Mike Calla September 12th, 2010 09:41 PM

biggest plus for me is the audio metering at the track level - very important in the audio world!!

Jim Snow September 12th, 2010 09:46 PM

I also like the ability to apply audio FX to the event level.

Michael Wisniewski September 12th, 2010 10:00 PM

- I'm liking the new Group Tracks function. Should be interesting to see how to incorporate that into the workflow.

- The GPU accelerated rendering is Sony AVC only, but I'm wondering if the Enhanced Video Plug-in Architecture (EVPIA) is designed to allow other codec makers to take advantage of GPU acceleration.

- As for the Updated Transport Controls - is this a case of catch up or is it something new? Can't find a screenshot for it.

David Johns September 13th, 2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Snow (Post 1568739)
I also like the ability to apply audio FX to the event level.

I second that! And grouping tracks for better workflow will be lovely too. Built-in stabiliser is great, saves me buying Mercalli which I was just about to do :-)

But I couldn't care less about 3D, closed captions and encoding to AVC, alas. I still render to old-fashioned mpeg-2 for DVDs, by and large.

David Stoneburner September 13th, 2010 11:46 AM

What sucks for me is that I just built my new system with an ATI video card because my previous NLE recommended ATI. Now I have to upgrade 2 things.

Gerald Webb September 13th, 2010 04:34 PM

Does anyone know if the keyframing system has been updated?
Bezier curves and track view to pull your own interpolation would be a massive step forward.
3D...... yeah great I guess, IMO, would have been better to implement the use of a camera track to get things going in real 3D space ala After Effects. I know they are different things, just think it would have been more useful to more people.
On that note,
HEY MR SONY,
When are you going to release a motion graphics software to complement Vegas,
Imagine, going between Vegas and another software like AFX and Premiere Pro, or Final Cut and Motion.
It would be sooooo good.

Ian Stark September 17th, 2010 01:37 PM

With you on the camera track, Gerald. I spend too much time moving planes around 2.5d space when I should be directing a virtual camera.

Real time event level audio fx good for me too.

Grouping tracks sounds very useful indeed.

I could care less about the 3d stuff though - I'm always behind the curve and plan to stay there for as long as my clients pay me to make dull old 2d videos for them.

David Jasany September 23rd, 2010 05:53 AM

I skipped 9 and I'll definitely be upgrading to 10. Although I don't have any plans for 3D, there's plenty other exciting enhancements. Hopefully Sony will continue the upgrade program that we all know and love!

Robert M Wright October 3rd, 2010 12:30 PM

3D movies were around since well before I was born, and I'm not exactly a spring chicken anymore. 3D was basically a novelty thingy then, and always will be. Television that requires wearing a special pair of glasses is just never going to be enthusiastically welcomed into the mainstream.

I don't know what the camera manufacturers and NLE makers think small scale video production pros (or serious amateurs) are going to do with this stuff. For goodness sake, they haven't exactly made it easy for anyone, aside from the big movies studios, to publish even just plain-ole 2D HD content that's universally compatible for playback on Blu-Ray players. So, they expect flocks of us to run out and buy some way overpriced 3D capable production equipment (cranking the complexity of production to a whole new level) and NLEs to edit the unwieldy output ...and then what????

Frankly, when the Blu-Ray folks haven't even made it mandatory for set-top manufactures to support playback of mainstream video content burned onto BD-R disks (not exactly a huge technical challenge), I'm sure as heck not interested in venturing off into the utterly untamed wilderness of video production, that's basically somewhat akin to parachuting into the Yukon just to see a little wildlife up close, instead of simply going to the local zoo.