Dvd Architect 5.0 creating Blu-Ray's iso running out of storage space -- HELP!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 24th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Dvd Architect 5.0 creating Blu-Ray's iso running out of storage space -- HELP!!!

I have a situation here, I'm trying to create a blu-ray disc of a wedding video that consists of the following:

Highlights: 4 min
Ceremony 1:10 hrs,
Reception: 0:45 hrs.

I rendered the video and audio files (independently) out of Sony Vegas 9.0e (64bit) with the following settings (Using the Blu-Ray template):
MPEG-2
1280x720
23.976 fps
8 mbps

Audio stream: (default settings)

The footage was recorded with a couple of panasonic's GH1 at 720 60p mode.

The problem that I have with DVD Architect is that when I try to prepare the *.iso image after a 50% I get an error message saying that I don't have enough space on the disk, when I have 450gb free on my external wd drive.

I ran another test where I left only the montage and ceremony (1:15hrs) and I was able to prepare the iso image, the size of the iso is 2.6gb. So I'm wondering if I get that error because of the 4gb file size limit of the FAT32 system?

Even though I don't think this isn't related to computer performance I thought I let you know my system: Windows XP 64bit on a workstation with Two Quad Core Xeons@2.00ghz and 6gb of RAM.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I hope somebody can help since the testing is very time consuming and I already failed to meet my deadline, I'm even trying to burn the blu-ray directly from vegas
Bernardo Gutierrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I forgot to mention, DVD architect 5.0 says that the full blu-ray project needs 8.1 GB

Last edited by Bernardo Gutierrez; September 24th, 2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernardo Gutierrez View Post
I have a situation here, I'm trying to create a blu-ray disc of a wedding video that consists of the following:

Highlights: 4 min
Ceremony 1:10 hrs,
Reception: 0:45 hrs.

I rendered the video and audio files (independently) out of Sony Vegas 9.0e (64bit) with the following settings (Using the Blu-Ray template):
MPEG-2
1280x720
23.976 fps
8 mbps

Audio stream: (default settings)

The footage was recorded with a couple of panasonic's GH1 at 720 60p mode.

The problem that I have with DVD Architect is that when I try to prepare the *.iso image after a 50% I get an error message saying that I don't have enough space on the disk, when I have 450gb free on my external wd drive.

I ran another test where I left only the montage and ceremony (1:15hrs) and I was able to prepare the iso image, the size of the iso is 2.6gb. So I'm wondering if I get that error because of the 4gb file size limit of the FAT32 system?

Even though I don't think this isn't related to computer performance I thought I let you know my system: Windows XP 64bit on a workstation with Two Quad Core Xeons@2.00ghz and 6gb of RAM.

Is anybody else experiencing this? I hope somebody can help since the testing is very time consuming and I already failed to meet my deadline, I'm even trying to burn the blu-ray directly from vegas
Here is the problem:

Western Digital always uses FAT32 as the factory format on its external hard drive kits. You will have to reformat the drive into NTFS if you want the drive to handle files larger than 3.99GB.
Randall Leong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

May be there is a way to prepare a folder instead of a single iso file??
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Leong View Post
Here is the problem:

Western Digital always uses FAT32 as the factory format on its external hard drive kits. You will have to reformat the drive into NTFS if you want the drive to handle files larger than 3.99GB.
Really? I'll try that right away! thanks
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:45 PM   #6
Inner Circle

DON'T forget to back up your drive first, reformatting will erase all existing data.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

If you use the "convert" command, you can change from FAT32 to NTFS without loosing the data. I do believe you're better off doing a regular "format", though.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I wasn't going to experiment without backup, I'm not that brave :). but thanks for the advice Noa.

I'm going to backup and then try the "convert" command. in the meantime I made some space on a Sata (NTFS) drive I had full and I'm rendering the full project Iso there, I hope it works.

Thanks guys for your prompt help.
Old September 26th, 2010, 12:08 AM   #9
Regular Crew

That solved the issue, I was able to prepare an 8gb iso file and then burn the blu-ray disc succesfully. I played on a PS3 without a problem.

Thanks guys!
Bernardo Gutierrez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...