DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 10 crashes (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/486136-vegas-10-crashes.html)

Leslie Wand January 16th, 2011 12:22 AM

well yes, 10c is buggy, and will crash with certain ofx plugins (usually with the same:

File: C:\Users\mb\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\mb\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\mb\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_Filters.Stereoscopic3DAdjust' (0, Multiple Contexts).log
File: C:\Users\mb\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0\svfx_Ofx1_1_plugin_x64-'com.sonycreativesoftware_Filters.Stereoscopic3DAdjust' (0, Filter).log
File: C:\Users\mb\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\10.0\dx_grovel_x64.log

as reported elsewhere.)

that said, i roll my own, but always intel+gigabyte mb and so far have never had what i could describe as a 'hardware' bug.

as an aside, with the bug report above i notice a call on 'stereoscopic3dadjust'. none of the filters i'm calling upon, which guarantee a crash, have anything to do with 3d whatsoever.

it's my belief that 10 has been a desire for features over reliability, and for my part PROPER support for ofx plugins should have taken precedence over 3d since, i'm guessing here, most pro users of vegas are not, as yet, working 3d, but most certainly are trying to make a living editing with what WAS a very reliable nle...

Sean Seah January 16th, 2011 10:37 AM

I had a repeatable crash last week due to my source files being spread over 2 drives. After i shifted everything onto one drive it rendered successfully to mp4.

Jim Snow January 16th, 2011 10:47 AM

I am also experiencing frequent crashes with V10. I virtually never had a crash problem before V10. I have made no changes to my system other than simply installing V10 (now on Rev. C). I now save my project VERY frequently so I won't lose more than a few minutes work. It's also important to send the 'snapshot' to Sony when prompted to do so. I really hope someone at Sony is analyzing these and gets the problem(s) fixed soon.

Buba Kastorski January 16th, 2011 12:09 PM

My installation of Vegas crashes all the time during editing, when I use space bar for start\stop play,
so my Ctrl+S is like a reflex, after every move :),
but after I enabled F12/Space bar start\pause instead start\stop under options, i can't crash it; usually it takes just a few frequent start\stop space bar clicks, nown I've been trying to crash it for about 15 min and I can't, let's see if that helps.

Rochelle Morris January 17th, 2011 08:00 AM

Well I would have to say that after 6 yrs of using Vegas, Dean is tempted to switch to Edius.
Hopefully the problems get fixed because time is money. Going back to V9 would mean that we would have to use cineform for our clips...more time issues.

Buba Kastorski January 18th, 2011 07:24 AM

I've tried old fix for V9 and it looks like it still works with V10;
CineForm codec playback issues in Vegas Pro 9
Vegas still crashes, but there is a huge improvement in stability after swapping DLLs

Marius Boruch July 26th, 2011 03:31 PM

Re: Vegas 10 crashes

I noticed that when I disable (set) memory in Dynamic PAM preview to 0 it works OK; any thoughts?