Remove all FX in one go? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #1
Trustee

Remove all FX in one go?

Just say you color corrected a whole project, on a scene by scene basis, hundreds of little clips,
and then over the course of a week or 2 you learned a whole lot more about color correcting,
so then you want to open the cut project, and remove all FX in one go to start again,
Can you do it?
selecting multiple clips doesnt seem to work, I'm going through now, right click the green cross, delete all, its taking forever.
:)
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Sounds like something the scripting part(s) of Pro could help with quite handily.

I've wanted to play with scripting while I had 10 Pro until I buy it, but I'm still heavily into DirectX/OpenFX/OpenCL right now, so it'd take me too long to write one. There might already be something available though.
Old November 6th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

I use Excalibur to do that. It can remove effects from all selected events. There are other scripts available that will do the same thing. Another pay script that will do that function is Ultimate S. With enough searching, you may find a free one as well.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Select one clip that has no CC applied and copy. Select the rest and right click "paste event properties". They will all be reset.
Dylan Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Funny, I know I'd tried that before and it hadn't worked. Seemed to only add FX's, not remove them.
But that appears to be the case only in VMS; tried it in Pro, and it does remove as well as add FX's.
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Morgan View Post
Select one clip that has no CC applied and copy. Select the rest and right click "paste event properties". They will all be reset.
You Sir, are a legend!
I use "Paste event attributes" all the time, and never thought to use it for this.
I love this place.
cheers people.
:)
Old November 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

That does NOT work in Vegas Pro 8, That does NOT work in Vegas Pro 9. But it DID work in Vegas Pro 10. Apparently "Paste Event Attributes" in 10 makes them match instead of only "adding" new attributes.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Inner Circle

I seem to recall that this technique will also cause clips to match playback rate, which could undo any slow motion done to clips. Or if the playback rate of the copied clip is slowed down, then the clips "pasted to" will also slow down.

For this reason I prefer using Ultimate S (or Excalibur) for removing FX. It only removes FX, and affects nothing else.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...