slanting text with VMS10 HD platinum at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 26th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #1
Major Player

slanting text with VMS10 HD platinum

HI. Is it possible to slant the text when making credits. If it is possible I would appreciate someone telling me how to do it. I have searched all the tutorials I have and the helpline that is with the programme and can't find the answer. I can find how to do all kinds of deformities with the text except a simple slant. I always think a slight slant on a credit text looks more attractive than a straight upright text. I can do it easy with adobe, but as I am using this version of VMS I would like to do this operation on the programme instead of having to make the credit on Adobe and then transfer it to VMS.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 07:52 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Do you simply mean italics? Which media generator are you using? The "Credit Roll" does have the option for italics. Similarly the standard text generator can also do italics and can be set to scroll.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:21 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Edward. Since my first post on this subject I have discovered that I can get a very slight slant on text bu clicking onto Italics. Unfortunately this seems to be a fixed degree of slant. What I want is a variable degree of slant to the text as availasble in the Adobe title generators. Is there any way of altering the degree of slant in italics using VMS.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

My guess is no for the Credit Roll tool. It would use the standard Windows italics slant.

However, in the standard text generator, if you go to the "Effects" tab, check out the "Deformation" section. From there you can turn on "Horizontal Deformation" and then use the slider to control the amount of slant.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Major Player

THANKS AGAIN EDWARD once again you have come to the rescue. The problem was that I didn't understand what was meant by shearing. In Adobe it just calls the operation slant.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...