Upgrade question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 1st, 2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Upgrade question

I was wondering if anyone might know the answer to this. I see the upgrade for Vegas Pro 10 is now $150. I have a copy (student version) of Vegas 5.0. I've never registered it, in fact I've never installed it on one of my computers. Bought it, because I was planning on using it. Computer I had at the time, died. I had installed it on a friends system, so that I could help him edit a small promo video for a band he was in. Then we uninstalled it. If my serial number qualifies me for the upgrade to 10, and I have them mail me a copy, would I have to then install version 5, that, then use the upgrade disk to get it all converted to 10? Or would the disk they send me basically be the full version of 10, and I can just install that?

Thanks for the help.
Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 04:16 AM   #2
Inner Circle

First of all, you're too late for the special upgrade pricing as that expired yesterday so you're now looking at $240 instead of $140 :-(
All you need to do is register your serial number for Vegas 5 with Sony and then you'll be eligible for any and all future upgrades.

When you installed it on your friend's machine, did you register it or just use it in trial mode?
If you registered it, then you're already set up with Sony.
All you need to do is to remember your account details.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...