Copy and Paste question? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Copy and Paste question?

Just want to apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I looked but didn't find anything. I just need to know how to take a portion of a timeline and copy it then paste it to a differant timeline. The actors that were in our project get clips for there reel. I just need to seperate there clips from whole scenes that don't include them. So what I'd like to do is just copy there portions from the scene and paste it on it's own timeline so I can put it on a dvd for them. Any information would be appreciated.
Josh Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Open a second copy of Vegas (both must be open at the same time for this to work) and copy/paste from the original project to the new one.
Render, burn DVD and give to happy actors :-)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks

Mike
So just to be clear with two copies of vegas open. Would I just right click the video and audio that I need and drag it to the new copy of vegas from the timeline that has all the footage.
Josh Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:14 PM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

Josh, open Vegas TWICE. Open the from project in one of them. Select what you want and COPY it. Now go to the OTHER copy of Vegas. If you have a "to" project, open that. Then select where the clip is supposed to go and PASTE it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Yep, highlight what you want to copy from the original project, control C go to the 2nd instance of Vegas, place the cursor where you want the footage then control V.
Don't forget to copy both the video and audio at the same time so everything stays in synch.

Ha, did it again. Edward and I posted at the same time. I should know how quick Edward is.

O|O
\--/
Old December 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks again

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone on this forum. You guys are awesome. Everytime I hit a snag with something someone on the forums helps me figure out the issue. It is very much appreciated.
Josh Monk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...