DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Cineform Configure Window???? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/488990-cineform-configure-window.html)

Gerald Webb December 16th, 2010 02:55 AM

Cineform Configure Window????

Ok, this has been bugging me and its only now I have time to track it down and kill whatever is happening.

Does anyone have access to the Cineform Configure window in Custom render settings in Vegas 10??
Mine has been greyed out since install.
AND,
Quite often when rendering to Cineform, Vegas will write the first 128kB of the render, then crash, always 128kB, no more no less.
Cineform is fine in Adobe, Nero and anything else I use (Vegas vers 9 included).
AND,
while I'm whinging,
Does anyone know why Vegas cant write a Lagarith file with RGBA (the option that includes an alpha channel)??
Adobe can do it without any problems, Vegas has never been able to do it as far as I'm aware.
Ideas?

Craig Longman December 16th, 2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1599079)
Does anyone know why Vegas cant write a Lagarith file with RGBA (the option that includes an alpha channel)??
Adobe can do it without any problems, Vegas has never been able to do it as far as I'm aware.
Ideas?

As far as I can tell, this is just a "business" decision, not a technical one. I've submitted a bug, and I'd suggest any/every one else do so. It's completely annoying to output Alpha ONLY to uncompressed video. Alpha in Lagarith works fine from everywhere I've used it, and heck, Vegas reads it in and uses it just fine.

Bruce Phung December 16th, 2010 09:52 AM

I have am having the same thing greyed out. Cineform blames Sony BUT why the hell other free codecs works just fine?? Huffy, Lagraith, DNxHD all works in Vegas Pro 10.

Gerald Webb December 16th, 2010 01:37 PM

So Craig, are you saying that its not a bug and more likely a choice by Sony to not have it enabled?
If so, what possible reason would they have for doing that, Lagarith is a free codec.

Does anyone else have the Cineform prob? Or just Bruce and I?
Would like to know if its just random or across the board.

Craig Longman December 16th, 2010 08:25 PM

Well, I'm obviously in possession of no special information, but the way it is presented, I think the plural in formats simply referrers to different containers using the specific named "Uncompressed" format, as opposed to multiple codecs.

As for why, I suspect they just figured it was the only one reliably supporting alpha, at some point at least. And it's just not been looked at or addressed since.

More noise we make, the more likely it will be looked at.

Ian Stark December 17th, 2010 02:24 AM

gerald re your Cineform issue - I have not used Cineform so I have NO idea if this is a good answer or not but I read another post earlier where the answer to a (different) Cineform issue was "have you updated to the latest version which works with Vegas Pro 10?".

Thought I'd mention it, just in case.

Gerald Webb December 17th, 2010 03:23 AM

Thanx Ian, but already upgraded.
However, just checked the Cineform site and there is a new update as of 15/12, so downloading now, maybe that will make a difference, maybe not :(

Dugi Barr December 17th, 2010 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1599258)
Does anyone else have the Cineform prob? Or just Bruce and I?
Would like to know if its just random or across the board.

You may like to read this Gerald.
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform...-pro-10-a.html

John Estcourt December 17th, 2010 01:34 PM

well for me Vegas 10 has become a nightmare with cineform, constant crashes, slow to load, the list goes on.
Ive filed a ticket with sony but reaching the point of giving up on it for good which would be a shame as I have invested lots of time and money into it.

Gerald Webb December 17th, 2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dugi Barr (Post 1599426)

Thanks Dugi,
well that explains a lot, o dear, where is 10b.

Matthew Amirkhani December 17th, 2010 08:38 PM

HI Gerald,

My Cineform Configured button is also greyed out. Apparently there will be a fix when sony rolls out the Vegas 10b.

Cinferom told me that the fix has to come from Sony and not from them. Until then Cineform will be working on default in Vegas 10a.

Matthew