Removing menu icon from end of dvd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Major Player

Removing menu icon from end of dvd

When burning a DVD or a Blu-ray video using DVDA5 I always maqke sure the video starts straight away without having to click onto a Menu icon. This I do using the choice offered. But when the disc is played back, the Menu icon appears at the END of the video. This is okay for personal use or another viewers use as it allows a quick method of playing the disc again if required. How ever I give a lot of public shows of my own work which entails showing a lot of videos during the evening using a projector in a public hall and I find it annoying for this icon to appear after every video, especially when the operator doesn't stop the player in time to avoid showing the icon. I would like to know if there is a way of stopping this menu icon from showing at the end of the video during the making of the video.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

How are you preventing the menu at the front? I do this by making the disc doing a File - New - Single Move which totally eliminates the menu altogether. There is no menu. Plus, with end-actions you could point it to go anywhere you want at the end of the movie.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Edward. Thanks for your quick reply. I make my menu free videos exactly the way you do, and have always done so. In DVDA5 I ticked onto "start all new projects with these settings". But next time I opened up the panel the box was unticked. But now since checking on the settings before burning a disc, I find the problem is solved. However I don't understand how the "End Action" works. When selecting this mode I see choices of Command, Destination, Destination chapter, destination button with N/A displayed and no option. Will you please tell me what selection of choices I should make to ensure that the Menu icon does not appear at the end of a video if I should make a menu with chapters. Thanks
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2011, 07:25 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

It really depends on what you're wanting to do. My "single file" videos tended to be videos that needed to play over and over again so I would set the end action to point back to the video. The video would then play in an endless loop without anyone ever seeing any menus.

If you wanted, you could create a dummy menu with an image of some sort and have it go to that menu at the end. At least then you'd control what it looked like.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...