editing live feed in Vegas - is it possible??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:12 PM   #1
Major Player

editing live feed in Vegas - is it possible???

I consider buying a few Black Magic Intensity HDMI cards so I can hook up a few HD cameras and edit events live using Wirecast software; I am also Vegas user and thought it would be great if it was possible to do so in Vegas; do you know is there any third party plugin or script that would allow to associate live feed from Intensity cards with video tracks and edit it using multicamera feature. It would be such a great feature.

Last edited by Marius Boruch; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: editing live feed in Vegas - is it possible???

I am a long-time Vegas, Wirecast, and Intensity user. It's hard to imagine Vegas doing what Wirecast does; no, I've never heard of a plugin or extension that adds live switching functionality.

You'd be wanting to go out to a streaming hosting service, to disk, or both?

For those wondering what we're talking about, Wirecast is a rockin' software switcher for video, audio, titles, etc., which primary use is as a webcast encoder for Windows Media / Silverlight, Flash Video, and QT.

It does have its own workflow and terminology though, kind of a steep learning curve...
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: editing live feed in Vegas - is it possible???

You cannot live switch in Vegas. For our church service, we run the multiple cameras into a switcher. The live switched output is then sent to a deck and also live to the computer. After the service is over, I then use Vegas to trim to the proper length and add titles as needed. While I'm not live switching in Vegas, I am still live switching, live capturing, and can be fully edited usually within 30 minutes. Of course some of the editing speed comes from using a custom script written specifically to edit that service! :-)
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...