DVD Architect Pro: Blu-ray Menu Freeze - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 4th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: DVD Architect Pro: Blu-ray Menu Freeze

Jim, Dale: thanks for the replies. My BR player was bleeding edge when I bought it about 2 years ago and I regularly update the firmware. Still, other factors such as (1) BR media and (2) BR burner could contribute. It is enough for me to rule out Sony software as the problem.

And yes, Dale, I agree that motion "still" backgrounds are easy. I would not have noticed this problem unless I had tried my hand at using PhotoShop to make menus. Gadzooks -- in practice, that was very time-intensive. No thanks.

Case closed, I believe.

-Steve
Steven Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2011, 09:33 PM   #17
New Boot

Why it has to be 30mbps? If, I am building a DVD always is 8mbps, if MPG2 BR,25mbps. And I have not have problems. I think your data may be to high, to be played in certain players. Just my opinion.
Jose Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Estrada View Post
Why it has to be 30mbps? If, I am building a DVD always is 8mbps, if MPG2 BR,25mbps. And I have not have problems. I think your data may be to high, to be played in certain players. Just my opinion.
I thought of that possibility, but it does not account for the fact that all other media on my Blu-ray disc plays flawlessly. Also, menus that have MPEG2 background media encoded at 30mbps also play flawlessly. So, I don't think high bit rate is the culprit. Having said that, I haven't allowed DVD Architect to recompress my menus having still background media at bitrates lower than 30mbps, so my problem could relate to the very narrow circumstance of DVDA recompression of ONLY the menu media.

I've wasted enough time on this, so I don't feel like troubleshooting any more. Thanks just the same for the suggestion.
Steven Reid is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...