Opacity Keyframe at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 25th, 2011, 05:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Opacity Keyframe

I searched but i did not fuound what i need.

I'm starting to use Vegas Movie Studio HD 10 for a few project; but i'm used to Premiere Pro.
Is there a way to use keyframe opacity for a clip or change the opacity of a clip in diffrent moments?
Here is a pic from premiere pro that explain what i want:
Is useful if i have a two (or more) camera setup for a concert
It seems that using Envelopes is the way to go in Vegas but it doesen't seems to work!

The other thing, is possible to make diffrent sequencies into a project (say, i.e. working on separate scenes for a movie)?
Attached Thumbnails
Opacity Keyframe-premiere-pro.jpg  
Michele Coser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2011, 06:22 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Opacity Keyframe

Use the "Composite Envelope". That will let you keyframe opacity. Also, you might want to look at Vol 1 #9 of my newsletters. It illustrates multiple methods for doing a multi-cam edit.

The Pro version of Vegas has multi-cam built-in and can also use the various multi-cam scripts that are available.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm sorry but how exaclty i can do it?

In the help guide says that, when the Envelope tool is active, if i press Shift + mouse button, i can draw envelope points... however the shift key has no effect!

Does anyone know how to disable the loop region?
Michele Coser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #4
Sponsor: JET DV

The loop region has nothing to do with it but there is an option in the preferences to "Collapse Loop Region".

The composite evenlope is a TRACK level envelope. Right-click a blank area of the track, choose envelopes, and then composite. Once the envelope is turned on, you'll see it appear in the track. Once it's visible, you can adjust it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...