Rendering BluRay - Split files??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Rendering BluRay - Split files???

Hi Guys

I notice that all the MPEG2 BluRay presets in Vegas 9 have the video stream render only????
What would one normally render the audio to????

Just for interest are all the Bluray renders split audio and video ... I also need something like an HD WMV or MP4 that will play on a media player HDD ... I have only found WMV so far but the bitrate maximum on presets only is 6.7mbps where BD streams are normally 25mbps.

This BluRay rendering is all new to me as I have never had a request as yet for it!!

Thanks for any help

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:38 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Rendering BluRay - Split files???

I'm far from an expert, but you can simultaneously render audio into ac3 in Vegas. you can use tsmuxer to combine audio with video. you can also prepare these for burning with tsmuxer, but if you want a nice menu you need something more sophisticated.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:21 PM   #3
Trustee

mp4 for media player ('s). i've found 720p more than adequate for everything but the BIGGEST full hd screens.

blu-ray? what's that? ;-)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Thank Guys

Yeah Leslie, Australia hasn't exactly had a rush to the shops to get a BD player!! Media is still 10 x the price of DVD media which indicates it's very low demand!!!

What template are you using for MP4 in Vegas ???? (Also Sony AVC preset or Mainconcept AVC??)

I have yet to have a bride ask for BluRay !! I guess that the content is way more important to them than the technical aspects... one day a "tech head" husband might just insist on BluRay ..just so he can tell his mates that HIS wedding was in full HD (we film in HD anyway!!!)

Interesting that a 720p file is just as good as a 1080.... I think I had one client with a 50" ++++ TV in their living room..it was honestly overwelming and occupied most of the wall...I doubt whether it was even comfortable to watch as their couch must have been less than 2 metres away as well!!! Then again a 720p file would still look way better than a SD clip anyway....!!

Chris
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:15 AM   #5
Trustee

i usually render out sony avc preset at internet 720p - it plays on every media player i've come across and looks great. i have never been asked for b-ray, though all my clients get a hd mp4 along with whatever other format they specify, and when i have offered to do b-ray for some particularly fussy client (ahem, not mentioning i'd actually have to buy a burner!), they've all said why bother since they had no intention of buying a player!

i think b-ray is pretty much dead in the water - it'll continue selling, but it's too late for it to catch up with streaming over the net, media players on a usb, etc.,

i'm sure purists would say you need FULL hd, but in all honesty, even on a 50" 720p looks great.

of course, there will be some 'home theatre' enthusiasts who will complain that it isn't as sharp as avitar in b-ray, but then again, they're the sort who'd never be satisfied even with imax in their front room.

and of course.... let's not forget that most huge panels (at least the ones i've seen) were so far out of whack (kids playing games on them, dad loving saturated colours through the forex haze), or using some built in 'look' that no matter how carefully you've cc'ed every shot, it ends up looking like a psychedelic nightmare (just pass me a tab man and it'll be ok...)
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:40 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks Leslie!!

That would be the template that say HD 16:9 Internet?? Those settings are 720p as well.

Yeah, my website says "BD by arrangement" but luckily no-one has asked for it since it arrived which is good as I also have no Burner for BluRay either...I'd also have to go buy one and then find a BD Authoring program as my favorite (DVD Lab) doesn't support BD....You can get a non HDD media player for almost nothing nowdays (in fact my own one was $135.00 and that has a 500GB drive in it and included the HDMI cable which most retailers love to charge $30 for!!!)

I think I will also "convince" brides to accept just the HD media or pay a few bucks extra and I'll drop it onto a player for them. The nice thing is if your mate has an HD TV and no BD player you just take along your media player and plug into his TV!!!

What amuses me is that even eBay doesn't have a lot of BluRay players!!!

Chris
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:05 AM   #7
Trustee

that's the one....

heck, my first media player (made by hyundi) cost $50 off mwave. at that price point i'd seriously consider giving my client one with a usb stick ($10 for 4gb?) as a freebie, or just the usb loaded with the mp4 and they can do what they like with it (yes, i usually burn the mp4 to dvd), but the stick is a nice 'touch' i think, and my clients (those who i give usb's to) absolutely love it. cheapest goodwill you can get ;-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...