Interlacing settings for photomontage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Interlacing settings for photomontage

How should I set my project properties for a photomontage, particularly the field order? Leave it at none? Or should it be set to blend fields?
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Interlacing settings for photomontage

Hi Jeff

Still pics don't have any interlacing cos they are stills...the correct setting must be "none" ...if it's going to DVD then Vegas will add interlacing to the final render.

Make sure your pics are sized correctly...huge digital stills will slow your NLE down a lot!! As long as the aspect ratio of the image matches the PAR you will have no issues!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Interlacing settings for photomontage

Chris, thanks much for your feedback. Common sense would tell us what you have said, but I got to wondering yesterday.

What is funny is I have made probably a couple hundred of these things, and I've just always just set the project properties to the PAR that applied, and forgot about it. I did leave the interlace thingy setting on none, but only because I never thought about it to change it or not change it.

But I made one yesterday, and I had some jitter on some borders during panning, and my Bluray player has died, so I could only watch it on my computer. Therefore I coudn't watch it critically before giving it to the customer, and I got to wondering if there was something I wasn't doing correctly.

I do resize photos to as small as possible with Irfanview, and I get pretty good results, so I'm with you on that point for sure.

Thanks again! You've helped me to feel confident I am doing them correctly.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...