New to Vegas...Date/Time Stamp Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 18th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #1
New Boot

New to Vegas...Date/Time Stamp Question

Hi,

I just downloaded a trial version of Vegas Pro 10 to test before purchase. I am wondering how to display recorded date/time stamp in the video. Would like to display time to the second if possible. I'm sure this has come up previously, so please feel free to send me to the appropriate thread.

Thanks,
Shea
Shea Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: New to Vegas...Date/Time Stamp Question

DVdate can do this (and it's free) but it only works with SD DV-AVI footage, not HD.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:40 PM   #3
New Boot

I noticed this as well. We are using Sony HVR A1U camcorders and recording in HD. We were able to show the date/time stamp using the Edius trial version and it worked well, but I wanted to check the Vegas software as it was a Sony product prior to purchase. It would be nice not to have to use multiple programs as I have to train students periodically on how to review our video data.

Do you have any other suggested editing software that is easy to use and will easily display the d/t stamp? Currently, we are simply viewing the recordings in slow motion with the d/t stamp and recording the time when bats exit caves. We are trying to capture images of ears on bats (for identifications purposes), so image quality is an issue. I was hoping too that some of the Vegas sharpening/video modification features may be useful. Though, post project we would like to make some nice videos for our outreach programs and educational tools, so a nice functional program would be handy.

Thanks,
Shea
Shea Hammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Shea, I came across another free utility for you to try.
I know nothing about it other than it was mentioned on the Sony Vegas forum.
Good luck with it and let us know if it works for you.

Download SVDTS 2.63 Free - Display the Date Time Stamp when the video was recorded - Softpedia
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Regular Crew

SVDTS is handy if you want to stay within Vegas. If you just want something to play your HDV files and see the date and time, or time-stamp the frames then have a look at DVMP Pro which does this for several camcorder file types.
Colin Browell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...