Vegas and Slow-motion - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 5th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Vegas and Slow-motion

That's why I added a "freeze frame" option in Excalibur! :-) You can set the cursor at the point you want to freeze and it's a simple click to add the proper envelope points. I agree, though - I've frequently looked for a 0% preset and ended up having to type it until scripting came along.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Edward, thanks so much for that! I've never looked into the Set Velocity function in Excalibur. In fact, there is so much in Excalibur that I've never explored properly.

You know what would be really cool - if you could assign specific functions to icons, i.e. have whatever is saved as the default for each function available as a button on the task bar. There are perhaps five or six Excalibur functions that I use every single day and to have them a click away would be extremely useful.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:37 AM   #18

Go to View - Extensions - Excalibur - Individual Tools and look at that list. All of those items can be added to the toolbar as clickable buttons. So you CAN add "Vel - Velocity" as a clickable button and it would use the default values you set meaning it could be a "freeze frame" button. All of those items are selectable for both adding to the toolbar or setting to a keypress.
Old June 6th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Well my day just gets better and better. Many thanks!
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:06 AM   #20

Amazingly enough, it's described on page 6 of the manual ;-)
Old June 6th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #21
Inner Circle

"Man-u-al"?

Heard of it. Don't think we get them over here ;-)

Hint taken, Edward. I will read it forthwith!
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Good afternoon,

Using velocity envelope is a bit of a pain. Before I had excalibur, I would copy the clip change the velocity on a different track then insert it where i wanted it!!

Excalibur of course allows to the adjust it more precisely more easily and adjusts on the track perfectly.

Another method I did not see mentioned (but I did not read all the posts closely) is to shoot at 60i (60 P if you have it) set the project settings to progressive, interpolate upon deinterlace. That then gives you the ability to adjust the Play rate to what ever you like. I have even done this and compounded it with Velocity envelope as well.

If you play around with these two you can get some particularly good slo motion at times.

Twixtor would be a nice asset.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...