Videos for YouTube, Vimeo & the Web; A perfectionist's guide at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Videos for YouTube, Vimeo & the Web; A perfectionist's guide

Over the past year or so, over on the Sony Creative Software Vegas Pro forum there has been much discussion about the "best" workflow to prepare Vegas user's footage for YouTube, Vimeo & the Web.

This study culminated in the following tutorial produced by SCS participant, "musicvid":

YouTube - Sony Vegas to Youtube Tutorial - A Better Method

The project page: HD Guide for Vegas Users

I post this in hopes that it might be a resource for this forum's participants. I was a minor participant in this study and can probably answer some questions, however I also have access to the lead players and can also forward questions to them.

Enjoy!
...Jerry
Jerry Amende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 09:01 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Videos for YouTube, Vimeo & the Web; A perfectionist's guide

Cool, thanks for link to the tutorial.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 12:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, will give this a try
Cedric Cornell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:55 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I can affirm that this tutorial is the way to go. Actually, I now shoot progressive (mostly) so don't need the deinterlace function. Still, the results are immensely better than can be achieved using Vegas alone - although I still rely upon Vegas to get rid of video noise, greenscreen so that I can blur the background, etc.

The result is that I can get good-looking 1280 x 720 encodes at only 150 kb/s. If you click on the following video, you can see how the greenscreen (using Vegas 10 and BCC7) is used to keep down bandwidth requirements at 45 seconds into the video (be sure to watch full-screen and please forgive the old hi-8 guitar footage):

Physics: The quantum explanation"

I'm grateful that again I get to thank those who gave us this breakthrough procedure. - Larry Reavis

Edit: In case you are in a location where connection to my website is slow, the same video can be found on Vimeo (be sure to press both the "HD" button and the full-screen button):

and on YouTube (but with poorer image quality):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAQcae2slN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trKupIbvpiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-jvs6BZD1g
Larry Reavis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...