VMS10HD Platinum display problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 12th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #1
Major Player

VMS10HD Platinum display problem

I think my age is effecting my memory more than ever. I have VMS 10 installed on 2 computers, one basically to practise on while I'm still learning about Vegas and the other the more powerful of the two to do the actual editing on. One the second PC when I use the Pan and crop feature that display screen is shown over the Video preview screen and I can't display them both at the same time so in fact when using the pan and crop feature I can't see the the results as I'm making alterations. On the practise PC everything is correct as the Pan and Crop screen appears over the project box and leaves the video preview screen where it always is and so I can see what is happening while I work with the pan and crop. How can I set up the main PC to do the same as the practise PC. I must of altered something but what I don't know. I'm sure someone out there knows the answer.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 05:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: VMS10HD Platinum display problem

Hi. Sorry, but happily I have cured the problem, I don't know how, but I did try restoring defaults by holding down the control and alt buttons while opening Vegas. It seems to have done the trick although a notice asking if I wanted to retore defaults did not come up on the screen before the programme opened.
Old July 12th, 2011, 07:30 AM   #3
Jubal 28

You can move the windows around however you want. Just grab the line of vertical dots toward the top left of any window.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks David for the info. You have jogged my memory, I have written the info into my personal Vegas manual for future reference.
Old July 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Trustee

Glad you sorted it Roy. What happens is that if you undock any pane and move it around, it can snap into place somewhere on the screen and hide other panes. You just have to find an in-between position...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...