VP 11.0 Timeline Template Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM   #1
Major Player

VP 11.0 Timeline Template Issue

I just recently purchased the VP 11.0 upgrade, with media, and every time I bring it up on my computer, the 'Time Line Template' seems to be 'over sized' and it appears there is another 'Time Line Template' behind it. Also, the 'pull down' menus 'font' along the top 'appear' too large. I've tried several different things, e.g., 'right clicking, 'preferences', 'removing and re-loading' the software, etc., but I don't seem to affect any change. Could it be that I still have VP 10.0 on the machine and it's confused which version it should bring up? BTW, I own-loaded the latest Ver. of VP 11.0, so it should be up to date. There has got to be a simple answer to this.

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: VP 11.0 Timeline Template Issue

I can say for certain that it's not because you have Vegas Pro 10 still installed. For example, I have Vegas Pro 8.1, Vegas Pro 9, Vegas Pro 10, and Vegas Pro 11 all installed on one machine and they're all running without any issues such as this.

The only time I've seen anything like what you're describing (and it wasn't in Vegas) was caused by a Windows issue. For example, if you somehow remove the "default" font, it choose one to use instead and it's not always a good choice. But it's hard to say what might be causing what you are seeing.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Ed...thank you for your timely and thoughtful response. Yes, I'm beginning to agree with you, it's a Windows 7 Pro problem. I'll keep hacking away at it. If worst, comes to worst, I'll try to contact Sony.

Regards,

J.
Old November 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #4
Major Player

Ed, et al...I resolved my 'over sized Time line Template' issue. In an attempt to help my 57 year old eyes, I altered the 'Control Panel Personal Settings', to enlarge everything to 150%, not realizing this would affect everything, including the VP 11.0 Template. It's hell being a fool, it's especially bad being an 'old fool'.

Thanks Ed!

J.
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:22 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, changing to "large fonts" can cause MANY problems including dialogs where the right and bottom are cut off because they no longer fit. That's been an issue as far back as I can remember.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Kuhn View Post
In an attempt to help my 57 year old eyes, I altered the 'Control Panel Personal Settings', to enlarge everything to 150%
That’s what I do on my computer, otherwise I would have to sit an inch from my monitor. It does cause problems with some software, so I make an exception for them, Vegas included.

Here is how you make an exception in Windows 7:

1. Right-click on the executable file, such as D:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 11.0\vegas110.exe (your may be on a different drive).

2. Select Properties from the pop-up menu.

3. Select the Compatibility tab on the top of the Properties dialog.

4. Check Disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

5. Click OK.

Now Vegas looks normal while you can still see the menus in it. Some dialogs will still be too long to fit the screen vertically. No problem! Just download http://www.howtogeek.com/geekers/AltWindowDrag.zip and run the script enclosed. I have just added the compiled script (AltWindowDrag.exe) to my startup, so it always loads whenever Windows boots. With it running, I can drag the dialogs up and down while holding the Alt key. So, if it is too large to fit the screen vertically, I can always move it to see whatever part of the dialog I need.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks Adam! I'm going to try that. What a thoughtful response.

Best regards,

J.
Old November 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #8
Trustee

You’re quite welcome.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...