VP11 (Build 511) Color Correction crashes everytime at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #1
Major Player

VP11 (Build 511) Color Correction crashes everytime

Ok folks. I took the VP11 plunge in November and recently installed the new build (511) and every time I apply a color correction, I get a crash. Is anyone else seeing this? Do I have a bug or a settings conflict? Any thoughts or recommendations would be grand. I am working on a Stage recital piece that had terrible lighting and really need to grade this one. Thanks!

Vegas Pro 11 (64-bit) Build 511
Win7 64-bit ultimate
i7 processor
12GB DDR3 RAM
Old January 6th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: VP11 (Build 511) Color Correction crashes everytime

i went from 8c to 11 64bit, quite disappointed really, constantly crashing or freezing, I would have thought that since they had a 64bit v8, that they would have really perfected it by now, by what I read a few other users on this forum went to 32bit, and some of the probs have been resolved.
I even bought a GTX550 1GB so I could get video hardware acceleration, what a heap of junk nvidia is with watching HD video, I get tearing and all sorts. My old HD3450 radeon, which is worth 1/5 the amount was far superior, especially with multi monitor support!
I this is after a complete fresh install of Vista Ultimate 64bit twice to see if it was a Windows issue. Common Sony get your game on, love Vegas, just sort it out so Pro's can use it without big issues.
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Major Player

I should probably clarify that this is a Vegas crash not a system crash. I get the good old Vegas has stopped unexpectedly message.
Old January 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Based on my experience with the initial build of Vegas 11, and on what others have gone through, first thing I would try would be to uninstall both Vegas 10 and 11, then defrag your hard drive, then reinstall 11.

The second thing (or first) you might try would be to download the latest video driver for your video card, then uninstall you current driver, and install new one.

If above don't work you may need to do a complete reinstall of windows on a reformatted hard drive. It's what I had to do to rid myself of buggy behavior. I crashed when using fx, couldn't render to certain formats, it was terrible.

If there is a simpler thing to do than what I've mentioned, I wish I knew what it was.

Last edited by Jeff Harper; January 8th, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #5
Old Boot

I'm using 425, with 511 waitng in my d/l folder. What you've said makes me even more certain to leave 511 where it is.

G
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 01:27 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Graham, I corrected my previous post. I had said "based on my experience with this build" and that was wrong. I actually should have said "based on my experience with the previous builds". I was not thinking precisely when I posted and was in a hurry.

The current build has been nearly flawless for me, but my experience with the previous releases was plagued by crashes when using FX, etc and random crashes not unlike Bryan's issue.
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Major Player

Yikes Jeff! That sounds like a pretty massive undertaking. I cannot do a reformat right now. I have too many projects on my plate and in the past when i have done a Windows clean install there are always little things I have forgotten to do that make the process last longer.

I am working with 9, 10.0 e, and 11 on Vegas. Is that a no-no with 11 in your experience. In the past, i have always left my legacy Vegas installs intact as occasionally I come across a plugin (like Cinescore) that does not work in the newer version.

I am glad to see I am not alone in experiencing these issues because that usually means there is a patch coming soon to fix it...
Old January 13th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Letch View Post
...I even bought a GTX550 1GB so I could get video hardware acceleration...
I know the feeling. I replaced my GT220's with EVGA 550's and had serious issues. They didn't fit correctly to start with and the drivers were glitchy so i sent them back and went back to my 220's. It just isn't worth it to me to go from 2x 2GB 220's to 1GB 550's.
Old January 14th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Bryan, I hated to mention the clean install, but it's the only thing that has helped some of us, including me, with Vegas 11, at least with the first version of it.

In addition, someone else here, forget who, did uninstall V10, and found it helped things for them. I find the latest version of V11 to be really great, and it solved a lot of issues. For me the big thing was random crashes, which the newest download has completely eliminated for me. I'm a very happy camper.

Like you, in the past, various versions of Vegas have always coexisted perfectly for me, no issues.

Some others have no issues with V11 and V10 being installed on same machine, it's just hit and miss.

Clean installs are a pain, I know, so you have my sympathy there, it's no fun.
Old January 14th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #10
Old Boot

Jeff, did you do an uninstall/reinstall of only Vegas? I read that you didn't do a system reinstall? Is that correct?

If you installed both 64bit and 32bit, which order did you do it in?

Bryan, be warned that flipping in and out of 32<>64, I've hit a Vegas memory issue as it tries to elbow itself into memory. Meaning, I've found memory errors and crashes as 3rd party FXs start gouging their way through the OFX memory real estate. I say this 'cos I do use CineScore, and that DOES require I use 32bit Vegas. Yes I could run CS exo-Vegas, but that's another hammock of snakes.

Cheers

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #11
Major Player

Graham,
You make some great points. To Clarify, I don't run the various versions simultaneously or take one project back and forth but occasionally i do have need to resurrect an old project that was 32-bit and It will not open in the newer versions.

About the reinstall question, if you look back a few comments you will see Jeff recommending a full OS reinstall and all products. Ouch! I fear it may be the option but I cannot do it right now. I am looking at a transitional build to a new LGA2011 based computer so I might wait to see what happens with that decision and just run in 10e for now.

Jeff,
I have had more crashes under build 511 than the original 11.0 build. Is there another build release since 511 or is that the one that is more stable for you?

Thanks!
Old January 17th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Graham, didn't see your post. I have not used a 32bit version of Vegas since version 8, I believe.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...