Shuttle Pro v2 or Express? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Shuttle Pro v2 or Express?

Anyone have any strong feelings towards one or the other for Vegas (still just VMS for now) use? I kinda like the low desktop real estate impact of the Express, but I wonder if only having 5 buttons would mean way too many trips to the mouse. Between the keyboard and the 15 keys on the Pro v2, seems like I could likely push the mouse aside completely for editing.

Any experiences with either to share?

Thanks,
Old March 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM   #2
Jubal 28

Re: Shuttle Pro v2 or Express?

The Pro isn't very big at all. The extra buttons are great.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I ran the original shuttle pro for several years - it was fine, and I did setup the buttons for various functions. I was never able to leave the mouse alone when using it.

It's been on the shelf, though. I ended up going to left-handed mousing (I'm a righty) because of wrist inflammation. This had a significant side benefit of freeing up my right hand for j-k-l editing and other keyboard operations. I do miss the macro buttons, sometimes, but a combination of scripting with Excalibur, which requires a mouse, j-k-l, kj, kl, alt-left arrow, alt-right arrow, and numpad shortcuts and I'm *very* fast for timeline editing.

Not quite as fast for trimmer editing, but I only cut that way occasionally.

I'm really happy with my editing productivity. For me, I'd buy a product like Excalibur to speed common repetitive tasks with fewer mouse clicks before I'd go for a shuttle.
Old March 23rd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I have both - I use the Express with a laptop. If I was only getting one I'd get the Pro. You will use the extra buttons and it doesn't take up that much more desk space.
Herm Stork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 12:19 AM   #5
Major Player

Pro is great. I love it. You can program it for other apps too.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...