Any way/plug-in to adjust white balance in Kelvin degrees? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Any way/plug-in to adjust white balance in Kelvin degrees?

Is there any plug-in that allows to adjust the white balance of a clip in Kelvin degrees like some cameras do?

Let's say i shot with 5600K lights and my camera was set for 4300K for some reason.
Is there any plug-in or effect that simply lets me enter 5600 in the temperature value to fix it?
Iker Riera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:49 AM   #2
Old Boot

Re: Any way/plug-in to adjust white balance in Kelvin degrees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iker Riera View Post
Is there any plug-in that allows to adjust the white balance of a clip in Kelvin degrees like some cameras do?
Why? Do you want to adjust by using a Kelvin Scale? Is there a reason for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iker Riera View Post
Let's say i shot with 5600K lights and my camera was set for 4300K for some reason. Is there any plug-in or effect that simply lets me enter 5600 in the temperature value to fix it?
I'm not aware of one. But I do do Colour Correction using a mass of Plugs to achieve it:

1 - SONY Colour Correction

2 - SONY Colour Curves

3 - Frederic Baumann's Colour Corrector

There are also a mass of Vegas capable FREE CC Plugs too.

So, in Post you want to dial in a Kelvin Correction figure? Why not just go right ahead and use one of the Colour Correction plugs?

As you will realise anything, now in the digital domain - your captured footage - will not have the same lattitude as that which was set correctly in the analogue domain. But there again, CC plugs come pretty damn close to getting us right. Do you see dialling in a Kelvin number of more benefit? In the plugs I am using, in essence, WARM and COLD and WHITE boards when I do my White Balance Corrections, and I bet somewhere these could be translated to a Kelvin Value.

Interesting . . .

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...