Vegas 11 strangeness - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 17th, 2012, 03:38 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: Vegas 11 strangeness

Hi Seth,
I am so grateful to you that you brought this offshoot possibility up and this goes to prove that any suggestion, no matter how remote has the chance of saving someone a lot of aggravation. It takes the contributor a couple of minutes to write something like you did and it might save someone down the road from continuous years of slow dripping torment.

This is no hyperbole on my part. I've been bothered by this nuisance for years and have been chalking it off to a computer issue because I never heard anyone else mention it on the two Vegas forums I frequent. I do very little with sound except for importing and placing the music and FX my composer delivers me. I typically have 3 or 4 layers at the most so I never gave sound as the culprit a single thought.

I switch back and forth between my graphics program and Vegas at the rate of about every 10 or 15 minutes, all day long, 12 to 16 hours a day. Each time I switch to Vegas I had to wait 10 seconds or so for all the events to refresh -- now this happens almost instantly. I also switch between two projects in Vegas; sometimes three, because I'm usually working on that many commissions at the same time, and again, each switch now uploads in a matter of 3 or 4 seconds -- just amazing what I've been putting myself through over several years without ever asking for help... I wish I lived on a farm so that I could supply you in return for your help with fresh chicken and eggs for the rest of my life.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...