DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Titler Pro Update (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/507330-titler-pro-update.html)

Edward Troxel April 27th, 2012 01:48 PM

Titler Pro Update

Please do not download and install the new 120411 update of Titler Pro. Vegas Pro 11 users should stay with build 120402, which contains all of these same updates, and can be found here:

NewBlue Titler Pro - Titler Software for the Professional Editor's Schedule

Dennis Vogel April 27th, 2012 02:25 PM

Re: Titler Pro Update

Edward,

How can we tell what version we currently have? I open the Titler plugin but the plugin help (?) doesn't do anything. Can the version number be displayed?

Robin Davies-Rollinson April 28th, 2012 01:18 AM

I installed the new version from within Vegas 11 easily, by opening the HELP dialogue withing Titler Pro and checking on UPDATE, so I hope I did the right thing.
One problem I now have is that although everything runs really smoothly, and I have a great animation in the preview window, when I render out, the text disappears, just leaving the background! Help...

Robin Davies-Rollinson April 28th, 2012 02:52 AM

Right - two interesting follow-ups:
I checked the version number that NewBlue directed me to from within the app on Vegas 11 and checked the v. number to be 120411.
Also, although I can't render out the text when applied on it's own timeline as a media generator, if I add the titler as an effect on to a video clip, it renders out beautifully...
So, Edward, what's with the "bad" version number 120411 - if that's the right word?
And if I use your link to download the other version, will my activation key that I used before still work?
Questions, questions...

Adam Stanislav April 28th, 2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Vogel (Post 1729950)
I open the Titler plugin but the plugin help (?) doesn't do anything.

Same here. No way of telling what version I have.

Ian Stark April 28th, 2012 11:20 AM

Are you clicking Help/About NewBlue Titler Pro?

Works fine here and reports Version 1.0 Build 120402 (in my case)

Robin Davies-Rollinson April 28th, 2012 11:54 AM

...and mine, now that I downloaded the recommended version from Edward's link.
Still no luck with rendering any text via media generator route, only if NB Titler Pro is accessed as an effect.
Why should the text just disappear as soon as I hit render, but will play just fine in preview pane as well as full screen .

Adam Stanislav April 28th, 2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1730102)
Are you clicking Help/About NewBlue Titler Pro?

No, I was clicking the question mark, for plug-in help. It does nothing.

Now that you mentioned it, I finally found the Help thing and I have v. 1.0 Build 120402.

Vegas has a standard interface for its plug-ins. Every other plug-in supplier respects that. So why does NB have to create their own interface, just to throw us off?

I guess I can’t complain if it came “free” (well, actually included in the price of Vegas, whether we want it or not), but one thing is certain: I would never buy anything from NB. For crying out loud, they cannot even put the current build on their web site, and they do not include it in the name of the setup file, which always overwrites the old setup file, so we have no way of uninstalling it and installing an older version. Not to mention, you have to re-enter the serial number with every update.

NB is a nightmare!

Ian Stark April 28th, 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav (Post 1730117)
No, I was clicking the question mark, for plug-in help. It does nothing.

In my experience the version number or build of almost any application is always found in the Help/About menu. Fairly standard, I thought.

Quote:

Vegas has a standard interface for its plug-ins. Every other plug-in supplier respects that. So why does NB have to create their own interface, just to throw us off?

Zenote, Pixelan, Magic Bullet Looks, the now defunct VelvetMatter, even Sony's own ProType Titler - all different interfaces to the standard Vegas look and feel, so no, it's not only NewBlue. Plugins for Photoshop or After Effects come in all manner of interfaces; audio plugins too - take iZotope's interface, for example. Personally I don't find them that hard to get to grips with and I certainly don't subscribe to the view that they are made just to throw us off.

Quote:

I guess I can’t complain if it came “free” (well, actually included in the price of Vegas, whether we want it or not), but one thing is certain: I would never buy anything from NB. For crying out loud, they cannot even put the current build on their web site, and they do not include it in the name of the setup file, which always overwrites the old setup file, so we have no way of uninstalling it and installing an older version. Not to mention, you have to re-enter the serial number with every update. NB is a nightmare!

Yeah, niggling. But personally I just can't get too overheated about that kind of thing. I'm not a stickler who insists things are done 'just so' and I certainly wouldn't refuse to take advantage of a potentially useful tool just because the serial number is not shown on the website! I use whatever tools tools are available to make videos my customers like and pay me good money for. If I can't find a serial number, or have to get to grips with a slightly different interface, or don't like the website, or the way the software installs, then I weigh up whether using the plugin gives me the edge over my competitors, makes my videos look better, or saves me time and makes me more money. If it does none of these, the plugin goes. I haven't yet uninstalled a NewBlue plugin.

I will disclose that I have always been an open fan of NewBlue and their plugins and I have been paid by them to write tutorials.

Dennis Vogel April 29th, 2012 02:46 PM

You guys keep refering to "the Help/About menu". Which "the" are you refering to? On my Vegas Help/About I don't see anything about New Blue Titler. As mentioned above, the "?" in the plugin window doesn't have it either. In my Start menu I see New Blue Titler Pro but the only thing there is an uninstall item.

Where is "the" Help/About that has the New Blue Titler version info?

D

Ian Stark April 29th, 2012 03:00 PM

Dennis, it's in the Titler Pro plugin's menu, not the Vegas menu. Load up the plugin, then in the plugin window select Help/About Titler Pro.

You're right, the ? is non-functional for some reason. EDIT: Of course the help documentation is still available through the Help menu itself (the Titler Pro help menu, of course!)

Ian Chapman April 29th, 2012 03:01 PM

RE new blue titler...i have all latest vegas/titler/video card updates. In SVP 11 I am unable to render to 1080p mpg 4 when using NB Titler (with canon mxf) files. Could any of you please test for me with you own machines. I same problem on two different desktop computers. I can render to 1080 AVCHD only. Any thoughts? Many thanks guys

Robin Davies-Rollinson April 29th, 2012 03:12 PM

Ian, that's my problem too.
I'm trying to super titles on mxf clips and the text disappears on rendering. It's the same even without a clip, just plain text on black background.

Ian Stark April 29th, 2012 03:17 PM

Ian and Robin, have you reported this to NewBlue? Their support is excellent, I've found.

Ian Chapman April 29th, 2012 03:37 PM

Hi Ian (Stark) thanks for reply...I haven't reported to New Blue as yet...I thought I would post here first to see if it was a 'real' issue...seems it may be...could you test for me (if you run vegas ?)

I wanted that particular render output for use on vimeo and youtube, however I have discovered this evening that both these sites accept AVCHD files now, so in a way it has become less of an issue not to be able to render out to 1080p mp4, but it would still be good if this issue could be resolved though!

thanks

Ian