DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Add FX by default to project media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/507397-add-fx-default-project-media.html)

Gerald Webb April 29th, 2012 10:53 PM

Add FX by default to project media

Hey guys,
I'm editing about 60 odd hrs of 3 cam multi shoot.
Every comp needs CC to all 3 cams,
Is there any way to set up that every clip added to the bin has by default Sony CC and Levels?
I know I can do tracks with default FX, but thats no good, since Im multi camming everything, (also, unrelated rant! Why does track FX leave a keyframe at every adjustment even with the clock not touched! End rant)
Also, why cant we copy FX in the bin and paste to another clip?

Jeff Harper April 29th, 2012 11:50 PM

Re: Add FX by default to project media

Gerald, could you add the effects to one clip, as I routinely do, and then right click - copy, and then select the remainder of your clips and then paste attributes? Your desired way would be nice, of course, but pasting attributes is pretty simple too. Or am I missing something?

Gerald Webb April 30th, 2012 02:02 AM

Thanks Jeff,
Ive been CCing by bin, just because everything is multi cam, and i'm using Vegas multi which as you know doesnt support fx except at Project media level, or after the Cam track has been made,
( GOTCHA ALERT! If you do all your cutting on the multicam track then do your FX, then you think, I might just expand these tracks to separate tracks again, you lose all your FX when recombining. Always use a nested project for multicams if you think you may have to re sync along the way.)

Maybe a script to add FX by default? Excalibur?

Jeff Harper April 30th, 2012 04:06 AM

Gerald, I forgot about that FX issue with Vegas' multicam. I don't use it, but I remember now hearing about the issue. It's so strange and really should be fixed.

Edward Troxel April 30th, 2012 10:31 AM

A script can certainly be used to add them. In fact, it could probably be made automatic. You would need a custom command that checked to see if the Media Pool changed and, if yes, add those effects to anything in the Media Pool that did not have those effects. However, it would probably be a little more complicated than that as you probably wouldn't want them applied to any generated media. And, of course, if you removed them from any clip in the Media Pool, it would add them right back in!

Ray Turcotte May 2nd, 2012 02:42 AM

you can open up the project media bin, right click on each source file an select 'media FX'.

I had the same issue with multicam editing and and found out by accident it can be done that way after redoing lots of edits over and over..... and over