Add FX by default to project media at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 29th, 2012, 10:53 PM   #1
Trustee

Add FX by default to project media

Hey guys,
I'm editing about 60 odd hrs of 3 cam multi shoot.
Every comp needs CC to all 3 cams,
Is there any way to set up that every clip added to the bin has by default Sony CC and Levels?
I know I can do tracks with default FX, but thats no good, since Im multi camming everything, (also, unrelated rant! Why does track FX leave a keyframe at every adjustment even with the clock not touched! End rant)
Also, why cant we copy FX in the bin and paste to another clip?
Old April 29th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Add FX by default to project media

Gerald, could you add the effects to one clip, as I routinely do, and then right click - copy, and then select the remainder of your clips and then paste attributes? Your desired way would be nice, of course, but pasting attributes is pretty simple too. Or am I missing something?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Jeff,
Ive been CCing by bin, just because everything is multi cam, and i'm using Vegas multi which as you know doesnt support fx except at Project media level, or after the Cam track has been made,
( GOTCHA ALERT! If you do all your cutting on the multicam track then do your FX, then you think, I might just expand these tracks to separate tracks again, you lose all your FX when recombining. Always use a nested project for multicams if you think you may have to re sync along the way.)

Maybe a script to add FX by default? Excalibur?
Old April 30th, 2012, 04:06 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Gerald, I forgot about that FX issue with Vegas' multicam. I don't use it, but I remember now hearing about the issue. It's so strange and really should be fixed.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

A script can certainly be used to add them. In fact, it could probably be made automatic. You would need a custom command that checked to see if the Media Pool changed and, if yes, add those effects to anything in the Media Pool that did not have those effects. However, it would probably be a little more complicated than that as you probably wouldn't want them applied to any generated media. And, of course, if you removed them from any clip in the Media Pool, it would add them right back in!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM   #6
Regular Crew

you can open up the project media bin, right click on each source file an select 'media FX'.

I had the same issue with multicam editing and and found out by accident it can be done that way after redoing lots of edits over and over..... and over
Ray Turcotte is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...