new Pro 11 update - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 5th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: new Pro 11 update

Agree with Dennis - would be nice to have some knowledge of what has changed - or even notification from Sony that there has been a change, however minor. No further info available on the Sony forums either, other than a post saying that if you install 135 over 133 you will find two DVDAs in your Control Panel/Programs list (verified). Do not uninstall 133 as this will apparently trash 135, requiring an uninstall and a reinstall of 135 to get it to work (not verified). It also requires a re-registration. Bit naff, eh?
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Harper View Post
I really wonder if it's an NVidia conflict. What the heck else could it be. Does anyone having these crashes use Radeon gpus, I wonder?
Jeff I went with ATI for Vegas and I was actually wondering if it's my Radeon causing all the crashes, glad to hear it's not.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Well Nick, so much for that idea!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fierlinger View Post
So are you saying that the PCM export render in your Vegas 11 doesn't copy the wav file at a much lower volume?
It is not supposed to.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
No further info available on the Sony forums either, other than a post saying that if you install 135 over 133 you will find two DVDAs in your Control Panel/Programs list (verified). Do not uninstall 133 as this will apparently trash 135, requiring an uninstall and a reinstall of 135 to get it to work (not verified)
Weird. I think I'll just stay with 133.

I've never seen any Vegas/ DVDA update that installs a second copy of itself like this and I've been using Vegas when it was still Sonic Foundry from 2003 if not earlier.

Something sounds wrong here. Why should there be two versions especially when they aren't really separate? I'm standing pat with 133. There are no bugs that are affecting me with it and I don't feel like experimenting with this.

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...