NewBlue Titler Pro 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Trustee

NewBlue Titler Pro 2

Just upgraded to Titler Pro 2 for Vegas Pro 12 - and still getting crashes.
I know that this used to happen on my old PC, but having bought a new one (i7, 3.40Ghz and all that) dedicated to editing and nothing else, I expected better.
I can open the titler as a stand-alone item and it's stable, but as soon as I open it in Vegas and drag the icon onto the timeline, white screen and crash, every time.
I've mailed NewBlue support, but it's too soon to get a reply.
I'd like to think that it's something simple in the way I've set things up, but who knows...?
Old November 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: NewBlue Titler Pro 2

Mmm, maybe I jumped the gun on the above post: even though it's a new PC, it doesn't mean that all the drivers are current. I decided to go to the AMD website and download their auto-detect tool for their graphics card. It came up with a suggestion to download. Having done so, I now find that Titler Pro 2 will run and render without crashing. Obviously, I'll need to do a few more tests, but it certainly does look promising - as well as re-enforcing the good advice to have the latest drivers installed!
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Yes, there's no guarantee a "brand new" computer is really up to date. And you can't use Window's "Check for Updates" to see if a new driver is available. You really do need to go to the video card manufacturer's website and see if an update is available.

Robin, I'm not sure where you sent the e-mail but if you didn't get a response, it wasn't received.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #4
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
And you can't use Window's "Check for Updates" to see if a new driver is available.
You've really got to be asking yourself, what's the purpose of this "Update" Windows function? Worse, is that when being told by a 3rd party Partner and SONY to check for a new driver, Windows insists on reported that your drivers are up to date, and THEN checking with your Card Manufacturer, you DO have an option for a more recent Driver.

"Alice in Wonderland" comes to mind.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #5
Major Player

I decided to finally download Blue Titler 2 as well and upon installing and opening I was asked to either pay or enter a serial number so I entered the serial number I originally received with my Vegas 11 upgrade, which had no effect. What should I do?
Old November 15th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #6

If you just cancel out of the screen, it will run in trial mode.
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #7
Major Player

I understand, so are you saying by this that NewBlue Titler 2 is no longer free for owners of Vegas Pro 12?
Old November 15th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #8

Titler Pro 2 was never free for Vegas Pro 12 users (or anyone else). Vegas Pro 11 and 12 both came bundled with Titler Pro 1.
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #9
Major Player

Ahh... I get it now. I thought it was just an upgrade of 1.
Old November 16th, 2012, 03:40 PM   #10

It is an "upgrade" of 1 - a paid upgrade. Just like going from Vegas 11 to Vegas 12 was a paid upgrade, going from Titler Pro 1 to Titler Pro 2 is a paid upgrade.
Old December 14th, 2012, 01:38 AM   #11
Old Boot

Edward, is there a straightforward comparison video, chart, list of effects that will demonstrate the comparative differences between Pro1 and Pro2?

Cheers

Graham
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM   #12

Here's a list of new features in Titler Pro 2:

• Custom 3D Bevels – Create a unique bevel on any style layer to maximize 3D impact
• Wide angle – Adjust the camera lens of the scene for extreme or subtle perspective
• Video as texture – Apply video as a texture to any style layer or shape for dynamic compositions
• Custom texture position – Now adjust the position, scale and size of any image or video texture
• True motion blur – Output smooth, realistic motion titles at the time of render
• Multiple light sources – Create the perfect mood and space for your titles with lighting control
• Light Keyframing – Manipulate three different kinds of lights in space with keyframes
• Material shine control – Dial in the perfect amount of surface shine for each style layer
• New multi-point shape – Design stars, bursts and radial objects with this new vector shape
• EPS file support – Import vector files and extrude them for 3D logos and custom objects
• Text-to-text transitions - Now use any NewBlue transition to morph one text into another using transitions between paragraphs
Old December 14th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #13
Old Boot

Thanks Edward. I saw this and posted it over on the SONY Vegas Forum too.

I've been glued to Ian's Seminars. If you haven't caught them yet, do watch 'em. Ian has a way of getting over a product's features that is truly priceless.

Grazie
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:01 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Bernard View Post
I've been glued to Ian's Seminars. If you haven't caught them yet, do watch 'em. Ian has a way of getting over a product's features that is truly priceless.

Grazie
Could you please post a link to those seminars?

D
Dennis Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM   #15
Old Boot

Sure Dennis. Actually - Tutorials not Seminars.

They're over on the NB Site: Tutorials | NewBlueFX

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...