drawing line on photo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Trustee

drawing line on photo

I have an image from Google Earth of part of the New Zealand back country. I want to draw a hiking/tramping route (I'm thinking of a red line) onto this image as it is being described in words, so that the route line starts off and progresses as the story is told over a sentence or two..

I'm not sure how to go about this. Is there an easy way to do it?
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: drawing line on photo

Method #1. Use two images, one plain and the other with the line on it that you drew in something like Photoshop and then do a wipe between the two.
Method #2. Try a free app called Route Generator. I've never used it but have read of a few Vegas users using and liking it.
Route Generator
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: drawing line on photo

Thanks Mike. That is exactly what I was after...it looks great and is very easy...

But Vegas doesn't recognise the output media file...so I'll have to drop in all of the individual files to get the sequence...which is actually better as I can start and stop the line easily that way...
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...