Render for Vimeo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 24th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Render for Vimeo

I am following the video tutorial on the Vimeo website for rendering from Vegas for Vimeo and for some reason my videos appear to have issues (possibly with interlacing?) as can be seen in the sample below. I am using Vegas Pro 10 and rendering as Sony AVC exactly as described in the tutorial..

Any ideas what might be going on here or can someone recommend better render setting for Vimeo, Youtube, Facebook, etc?

Brad Ridgeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Render for Vimeo

I forgot to mention that the issue I am seeing is with the trailing horizontal lines during motion. It's more apparent when viewing in HD.
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

This is almost always due to having selected no deinterlace method in the Vegas Pro project properties when using interlaced footage which is scaled during render.

If this is the case in your project, set the deinterlace method in project properties to either "Blend Fields" (which is the default) or "Interpolate Fields".

There are only very few cases when selecting "None" makes sense for interlaced footage.
Marco Ba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #4
Major Player

These lines are from interlaced content. You in one of the stages ignored the fact that your video is interlaced.
I replied too late...
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks! I'll give it another try tonight. I think you're probably right!
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Regular Crew

That was the problem! The deinterlace was set to none in the project properties. I'm good to go now! Thanks!
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #7
Major Player

Let me get this straight:

When rendering interlaced footage, if I keep the output video resolution the same as the source, then I should select "None".

When rendering interlaced footage, if the output video will have a lower resolution, say going from 1920 x 1080 to 1280 x 720 (for YouTube or Vimeo), then I need to select either "Blend" or "Interpolate".

Is that correct?

When should I use "Blend" vs. "Interpolate"??

Thanks,
Norris Combs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #8
Major Player

"Blend" makes smoother motion and "Interpolate" gives sharper picture.
Juris Lielpeteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #9
Regular Crew

There is no need to select "None" as deinterlace method in project properties at all. At least if you use progressive footage it would do no harm. If you use interlace footage it is recommended to always have either "Blend fields" or "Interpolate fields" selected, except you use a third party deinterlace plug-in for deinterlacing.

Just selecting "Blend fields" or "Interpolate fields" in project properties does not deinterlace your video. This settings compared to "None" only determin in which way the fields of your footage will be forwarded for internal video processing. Thus for your editing there is no difference between having selected "Blend fields" or "Interpolate fields".
Deinterlacing will only be done if you select the appropiate setting in the render settings. In this case you can use "Blend fields" or "Interpolate fields" as an selector for smoother or sharper rendering of movement.
Marco Ba is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...