mp4 rendering problem (Vegas 11) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 11th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Major Player

mp4 rendering problem (Vegas 11)

I'm not sure why, but suddenly I can't render mp4 files. It starts to render and then says:

"An error occurred while creating the media file...the reason for the error could not be determined."

My special template for uploading to YouTube was the one I was using. I tried using the stock templates like Internet HD 1080 and had the same result.

This has all started up suddenly and there has been nothing installed that could possibly interfere.

Any ideas?

Edit to add: I restarted Vegas and now it will render as long as it's a VBR render. If I try to change to CBR it errors out.
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: mp4 rendering problem (Vegas 11)

This problem seems to be popping its head up all over the place with V11 and MP4 renders.

When you select one of Vegas's render templates or use one of your own make sure you do NOT use the Encode Mode 'Automatic (recommended)' setting if you have a GPU card installed. Instead select 'Render using CPU only.' I think that will cure the problem for you. I think something got broken in the Vegas / graphics card drivers relationship with the later card GPU drivers. Whether it will ever get fixed seeing that V11 is now superceded who knows. It's a shame as the GPU assist was nice to have when it worked.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, that seems to have done the trick. Made the render take a smidge longer, but not too much longer.

Do we know whether Vegas 12 fixed this issue?

Thanks for the quick reply!
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Trustee

Will check it out, I have 12 installed.
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Trustee

Working in 12... go figure :) At least it will work in 11 albeit with CPU only so not all is lost.

Good luck.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...